Head of Chemistry
Due to the growth of the academy and internal promotion, we are looking to appoint a qualified teacher as Head of Chemistry.
The appointed leader will work closely with the Director of Science and the Assistant Principal for Science. The post is suitable for an experienced leader or a teacher wishing to take their first steps into departmental leadership.
The post could also provide the possibility of working closely with the Executive Principal to plan and oversee the development of Chemistry at the new Harris Academy Wimbledon and Harris Academy Sutton in 2018. This could be a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate and help to accelerate their leadership experience.
Harris Academy Morden have a very hard working team of teachers and support staff; they provide a caring and welcoming atmosphere for our students. We are traditional in our approach to discipline and uniform, yet forward thinking and at the cutting edge of curriculum development. The academy's GCSE results in 2017 place us in the top 1% of schools nationally with a Progress 8 score of +1.04.
What we are looking for:
- A qualified teacher, holding QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, to teach across all key stages and who has excellent subject knowledge;
- A committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning and who will expect excellence from the students;
- A collaborative and motivated individual who will lead the subject through a variety of innovative approaches including curriculum design, teaching strategies, use of technology and intervention programmes.
Why work at Harris Academy Morden?
- Staff well-being is at the heart of our academy. We have a sensible marking policy, organised marking sessions to give staff time to mark and a two week October half term holiday
- ‘A Good Academy with Outstanding Leadership & Management and Behaviour’: Ofsted Dec 2014
- A disciplined and well-organised place to learn and teach, with our recent Ofsted recognising the fantastic work to date in transforming this academy. Teaching and learning is at the centre of our drive for improvement
- Located favourably for public transport with good local access to bus, tram and train links to mainline rail and the underground network
- Exceptional personal and professional development opportunities across the Harris network
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
The academy is part of the Harris Federation, a leading group of 44 primary and secondary academies. This enables us to offer you excellent training opportunities to support your career development. In addition to our own programmes, our professional learning is closely aligned with the Federation and we are able to offer a full range of development including Masters and NPQH. For a confidential discussion with the Principal, please contact Mandy Francis, PA to the Principal via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you an Aspiring Middle Leader?
At Harris, we have a strong culture of school improvement, and professional development is at the heart of the Federation. We can offer you the opportunity to gain your NPQML, a qualification that provides a national recognition of your leadership development and professional achievement as a middle leader. This programme is for teachers aspiring to take up middle leadership positions, and led by some of the most talented principals in the country who are highly experienced in improving outcomes for pupils and students. Find out more www.harristeachingschool.com
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.