Senior BI Developer - Leeds - c£40k
BI Developer - Leeds - £40k
Are you an experienced BI Developer looking for a new challenge? Are you an expert on SQL Databases? Would you be interested in working for the most successful law firm in Yorkshire?
The Larson Group is currently recruiting a BI Developer / MI Developer for a highly successful law firm based in Leeds city centre. Our client is currently growing their data analytics team and as such need a BI Developer with experience of working with MS SQL databases to join the business.
- Develop, maintain and enhance Management Information and Business Information Solutions, using SQL Server 2008/2012/2016, Integration Services, Reporting Services and Excel.
- Processing Ad-hoc data requests for internal stakeholders and external parties.
- Participate in the design and requirements capture of new Management Information.
- Problem solve and debug current ELT processes.
- Adhere to department procedures and practices, including coding standards, secure coding standards, build processes, change management and source control (Team Foundation Server)
- Work closely with members of the software and database development teams to ensure the high quality of all applications produced by the department.
- Work closely with team members and all business stakeholders to analyze requirements, deliver solid solutions and provide feedback into these.
- Share experiences and knowledge within the MI team.
- Support the team leader in the creation and maintenance of new development and other team standards.
Knowledge and Skills
- System Development Life Cycle
- Excellent knowledge of SQL Server 2008/2012/2016 Stack
- A solid understanding of databases design
- Microsoft Excel
- A proven track record of SQL Server development
- Understanding of Kimball Techniques
- Visualisation technologies.
- Data Quality and Governance principles
- Strong T-SQL
- SQL Server 2008/2012/2016 SSIS
- SQL Server 2008/2012/2016 SSRS
- Microsoft Excel
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to communication superbly, both with technical and non-technical staff
- Experience of writing unit tests and using build systems in conjunction with database systems
- Experience of SQL Server 2016 SSAS.
- Experience of Tableau
- Experience of Agile methodology.
For more information called Jamie MacMillan on
Keywords - BI Developer / MI Developer / Business Intelligence Developer / SQL Developer / Reports Analyst / Reports Developer / SSRS Developer
Larson Resource Group Limited is registered in England & Wales with a company number 06110626. Registered office address is Windsor House Cornwall Road Harrogate HG1 2PW. Our VAT number is . Larson Resource Group Limited trades as an Employment Agency when placing permanent candidates and as an Employment Business when placing Contractors (under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment and Business Regulations 2003) In accordance with these regulations you should have received a copy of our Client Terms of Business. If you have not received a copy please contact a member of staff immediately. All discounted rates quoted are only valid providing all other terms are met in accordance with our standard Client Terms of Business. For more information on Larson Resource Group please review our website www.larsongroup.co.uk