Contract (long term)
Location: West Midlands
* The role of the Programme Buyer is to support Product Development and Engine Manufacturing Centre along with Supplier Technical Assistance in transitioning suppliers from the point of sourcing on new engine or model year programmes through to ongoing supply and availability of quality parts at appropriate capacity to cost right first time.
* This is for all pre-production builds up to and beyond mass production Job 1 through and onwards to while recognising all and any risks and opportunities and driving activities and teams to target adherence on cost, delivery, and quality.
* The programme buyer is co-located with the Engine Global Commodity and Regional Delivery teams in the UK which allows efficient communication and facilitates appropriate influencing opportunities to ensure programme deliverables are met.
* This highly visible role will own the responsibility for the delivery of a number of business critical programmes within the UK Region at EMC (Engine Manufacturing Facility) Additionally, they act as the key purchase interface with Engine Programme Launch teams at EMC.
* Strong Microsoft office skills - particularly in Excel
* Experience in purchasing, ideally with expertise in automotive project management
* Highly self-motivated, enthusiastic, determined and able to work on their own initiative with little guidance and also as part of a cross functional team
* Understanding of cost management / product cost drivers and models.
* Creative and able to scope work from a blank canvas.
* Experience of planning change management programmes.
* Knowledge of PCDS (Product Creation Delivery System)
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.