Senior QA Analyst
A new opportunity has arisen within Experian Consumer Services Technology for a Senior QA Analyst, this is an exciting role in our product development team creating and supporting solutions for our consumer facing websites. Our products are currently undergoing evolving as we move to utilise our new suite of microservices, so it is a great time to be joining us.
Responsible for the testing and quality assurance activities within an Agile software delivery team. Activities may include; test strategy, preparation and execution of test plans and scripts, continuous collaboration with development team and product owners, performance and compliance awareness, test automation preparation (where appropriate), load and performance test benchmarking and execution. Ensuring that all aspects of Software Quality Assurance are delivered to meet business expectations
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Active participation in product analysis, design and refinement ceremonies
- Creating test plans to meet business requirements
- Creating test cases (Gherkin Syntax)
- Executing test cases
- Defect management
- Managing daily updates and communication to wider team
- Working with other areas of the Experian Business
- Attending project meetings
- Contributing to the testing methodology
- Adhering to test strategy/processes across all platforms.
- Improving the efficiency of the process while maintaining quality
- Seek out ways to further automate Quality Assurance
- Test in both Project and Operational situations
- Support use of automated testing tools
- Capture / creation of regression suites for key products
- Champion the role of Quality assurance when interacting with other teams.
- Liaise with all teams on assigned projects.
- Liaise with Development Team leaders / Managers on specific or general defect/ process improvement issues.
- Maintain management awareness of QA issues that are impacting deliverables.
- Act as point of escalation for issues.
- Actively participate in Post-Implementation reviews
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- QA experience in test concepts, best practice and technologies
- Experience of working in an Agile (SCRUM) environment - end to end involvement in the SDLC and daily participation in ceremonies
- Experience of delivering web service driven software solutions, across multiple platforms, in an environment focused on customer benefit, quality and speed to market
- Desirable experience with test automation framework concepts & technologies - especially Cucumber JVM (highly desirable)
- Must be a team player with excellent inter-personal skills
- Must have insightful and logical problem isolation & solving skills
- Willingness to gather requirements, design, implement, and maintain projects
- Need to be very focused & methodical with good time management skills
- Ability to adapt & thrive through change - Know when to ask for help
- Ability to multi-task - Results driven & goal oriented
- Good oral & written communication skills