Senior Compliance Officer
Elliott James Consulting have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Compliance Officer to work with a leading Investment firm based in The City of London. Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years experience working as a Compliance Officer within a firm that works around CFDs and Spread Betting. The role has a potential to turn into a mangerial position within 6-12 months.
The duties of the role include:
- Management of the compliance department of the firm, including effective compliance monitoring of the firm’s overseas offices, providing advice as necessary.
- Assess the effectiveness of the firm’s systems and controls.
- Updating, maintaining and enhancing the firm’s compliance program, policies and procedures and the compliance manual as and when necessary.
- Client money monitoring and reporting.
- Transaction reporting as and when required under FCA, MiFID and EMIR rules.
- Liaising with regulators, including responding to routine queries, audits, investigations and thematic reviews.
- Critically reviewing and approving of financial promotions including those from overseas branch offices.
- Monitoring regulatory developments affecting the firm’s business, and then working with other departments to ensure timely implementation.
- Assisting and monitoring of client on-boarding process. Approving CDD/EDD checks for new customers and reviewing existing files for accuracy and completeness.
- Working with the finance function to prepare regulatory returns to the FCA.
- Work jointly with finance and operation in reviewing and updating the ICAAP.
- Attending Executive Committee meetings to present Management Information (MI) on a range of issues including, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC), Clients Assets (CASS), Treating Customers Fairly (TCF), Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP), Complaints and staff training and staff competency issues.
- Administering compliance training to staff in respect of regulatory issues, UK financial services standards and internal Company Policy.
The successful candidate should:
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience of working as a Compliance Officer with a firm that trades CFD and Spread Betting.
- Have experience of writing policies and procedures.
- Have experience of being involved in a MiFID II implementation.
- Have a good understanding of the current regulations that effect investment firms.