Maintenance engineer (CNC machines)
We are recruiting on behalf of our client, an established manufacturer of machined components , to recruit for a CNC Maintenance engineer to undertake preventative and reactive maintenance and carry out projects and machine installations in their machine and tool environment.
Your new role
Initially, you'll be working on day shift pattern. The post is anticipated to change to shift rotation after 6 months to meet the demands of production. The business is open to discussion on shift pattern for the right individual.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out all instructions provided by the Production Manager on a daily basis
- Meet maintenance targets as defined by the Production Manager
- Carry out fault finding diagnostics and provide a fixed solution
- Read and understand electrical/mechanical drawings
- Purchase electrical/mechanical spares in line with the maintenance department procedures and approval of the Production Manager
- Plan work load and keep Production Manager informed
- Responsible for safe and good working practices
- Manage own designated area using 5s working practices
- Health and Safety of self and team members ensuring that all identified hazards are reported directly to the Production Manager or the Health and Safety Manager
- To react to machine breakdown in a timely fashion according to the maintenance schedule as provided by the Team Leader / Process Supervisors. The job holder is required to problem solve causes of breakdown and decide the appropriate course of action to take to resolve the issue in a timely and safe manner.
- The job is responsible for carrying out the preventative and routine maintenance according to the preventative maintenance schedule and to complete maintenance check sheets as required.
- A certain level of outside normal hours may be required. (Call Out)
- The Job holder will co-ordinate and work closely with the machine tool suppliers.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of 3 years working within a Machine tool environment
- A High standard of knowledge of electrical and mechanical engineering working practices.
- Knowledge of CNC control systems Fanuc, Heidenhein and Siemens.
- Demonstrated experience of setting up and managing preventative maintenance systems and TPM.
- A logical and analytical approach to fault finding with solutions.
- Time served recognised engineering background minimum of City and Guilds, ONC, HNC, NVQ in electrical/mechanical engineering.
- Understanding of pneumatics
- 17th Edition Electrical is advantageous but not essential
What you'll get in return
In return, you'll be offered a comprehensive training package to keep your skills up to date with the industry, including 17th edition, lean and improvement courses, and any other appropriate industry courses. The salary for the post is up to £32,000 dependant on shift, and you'll be offered overtime paid at time and a half.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79166889