Systems/Functional Integration Engineer
Do you want to work for Tier 1 Automotive Supplier?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems/Functional Integration engineer for tier 1 automotive supplier based in Basildon, Essex
The product portfolio for different types of vehicles includes: instrument clusters, multifunctional and head-up displays, control units, access control and tire-information systems, radios, infotainment systems, input devices, control panels, climate control units, software, cockpits as well as services and solutions for telematics and Intelligent Transportation Systems. The Interior division employs more than 43,000 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €8.3 billion in 2016.
Duties to include
- System/ Functional Integration (SiFi) Engineer for testing latest vehicle electronic modules and systems for our SiFi team based in Basildon to cover project deliverables for our customer.
- Key Responsibilities:
- As a member of the SiFi team you will deliver electronics technologies for current and future Ford Commercial Vehicle programs globally.
- Professional Experience in Automotive Electrical Sector.
- Generate test reports aligned to Ford Function/System Specs, Plan and coordinate Design Verification and sign-off testing.
- Identify defects with functional/system testing.
- Support the software development team.
- Support software compatibility processes:
- Support Ei-PAT, Software Change and Release Management Meeting, PMST, Technical Design Review (TDR) meetings.
- Lead investigations to resolve issues at manufacturing plant caused by diagnostics and EOL compatibility issues.
- Frequent Travel opportunities to support prototype builds and production launches at Ford vehicle assembly plants.
- Experience of working on any of the following; Vehicle CAN Networks (including LIN & Ethernet), Network Management (Autosar or OSEK). Signal database. Hands-on with CANalyser, CANoe, KVaser and LIN test tools (CANape will be highly regarded). Personal Capabilities:
- Team player with exceptional communication skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Full and clean UK driving license, ideally with D1.
- There is an element of travel abroad to conduct testing at customer sites (EU, US, Turkey & China)
- Diplomatic assertiveness
- Organization skills
- A competitive salary package with annual "Value Sharing Bonus" paid to all employees.
- A generous contributory pension scheme.
- On-going training and excellent personal development opportunities.
- Healthcare cash back scheme.
- Employee discounts on tyres and other products.
- Death in service insurance.
- Child care vouchers.
- Free on-site parking.
- Relocation Package available
If you want to know more about this perm role please APPLY NOW
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959926384