Internal Auditor, Mazars, London
As a member of the internal audit team, and reporting directly to the Internal Audit Director and Managers, you will be responsible for delivering risk based internal audit work, and risk advisory to a range of clients predominantly in the public sector, in particular social housing providers.
Client satisfaction is of paramount importance to us and the successful candidates will need to have excellent communication and written skills, and an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Performance of internal audit fieldwork including closing meetings with management;
• Preparation of draft internal audit reports;
• Maintaining good relationships with clients;
• Assistance on other special assignments (e.g. fraud investigations, effectiveness reviews) as and when required;
• Providing on the job advice and training to junior auditors and supervision of junior staff when required;
• Controlling audit assignments from planning through to preparation of draft reports in line with agreed timescales;
• Build strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly;
• Maintain control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with;
• Respond to the needs of the client and staff;
• Ability to make confident and clear presentations of service features and benefits to clients;
• Ensure that the services provided are genuinely appropriate for the client; and
• Identify opportunities and prospects for new work.
• Educated to degree level and ideally in the process of training for a recognised CCAB or Internal Audit qualification;
• Experience of delivering internal audits;
• Have a good understanding of technical issues surrounding the public sector;
• As this position involves client contact, the person must be able to present a professional image to the firm’s clients;
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills required;
• Desire to help grow and develop the department;
• Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, challenge the status quo and deliver work effectively;
• Ability to express ideas with authority and conviction throughout verbal and written communication; and