Product support specialist (Technical Author) 7961765
For: Technical Author (7961765) - Peterborough - 12 months
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/05977 - GBP16.50 - GBP23.00 per hour
The Meyer-Scott team have been assisting this Global operation to source professionals for many years across all their UK sites. It is easy to see why they are such a successful company to work for. They offer excellent remuneration, opportunities to progress and work in different environments yet still put their people first. Founded over a century ago this business has been making progress possible and driving positive sustainable change on every continent.
They have several UK based facilities, located in Shrewsbury, Desford, Wolverhampton and Peterlee in Durham. From Calgary to Cairo and from Sydney to Salt Lake City, our client operates hundreds of offices and facilities across the world. This client with its global presence, product breadth and financial strength enables them to win in today's competitive marketplaces - just think of the opportunities that would become available to you!
Technical Author must utilize Authoring software tools to develop and maintain a variety Diesel Engine Service Publications. This includes Service Manuals, Service Periodicals & Tooling Catalogues, for both new and existing products. The development and maintenance of accurate and easy to use Service Publications is essential in support of the objective to maximize the Service Capability of Dealers & Distributors Globally.
Technical Authors have accountability for completing assignments regarding complex systems that require intensive analysis/research. They are responsible for the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of each assignment done.
Technical Authors have the primary responsibility for the development and maintenance of each publication and it is also the responsibility of the Author to ensure each publication is authored to the established documentation standards.
Each Author requires excellent planning and time management skills to author and publish Each Publication to an agreed completion date,
Technical Authors also have the responsibility to receive Customer Feedback and action any resulting changes to Publications.
Receive Document Content outline from various sources including the Engineering Teams and Enterprise Subject Matter Experts (SME).
Using various authoring tools such as ACM, Framemaker, Adobe Creative Studio and general Microsoft Programs.
Limited travel maybe required (Less than 5% of working time).
Technical Author (SG20)
· Requires technical / engineering knowledge
· Knowledge of engine components (or similar industrial products / integration within assy)
· Engineering drawing, illustration and model understanding / knowledge
· Ability to interpret basic technical data
· Good working knowledge of engines authoring and graphics software systems - eg NCR Windchill / ACM
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent planning & Time Management skills.
· Microsoft Program knowledge
Senior Technical Author (SG21)
· As above & In addition below :
· Demonstrated experience and knowledge, eg 1/2 years experience
· Strong working knowledge of authoring and graphics software systems.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· The ability to utilize a variety of computer software packages is necessary.
· The ability to understand complex data structures and present the data to the user group in a structured format.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79188846