Geography Teacher - Full-time/Part-time
Start Date: Mar 2018
Why work for Trinity School Sevenoaks?:
- We are a Christian school with a strong vision, values and leadership
- We strive to place staff and students at the centre of everything we do
- We will prioritise your development and help you achieve your career aspirations
- You will be joining at an exciting time with Year 11 students sitting their GCSE exams for the first time in the summer of 2018. Our new sixth form opens in September 2018. You can play an important part in shaping the school’s future
- Our students are exceptionally well behaved, polite and teachers are able to teach
- We are confident you will enjoy coming to work each day
- There is a real unity across the school and at every level
- You will be joining a school where your efforts will not go unnoticed
- We are a growing school and have additional responsibility points available for the right candidates
- We are only interested in employing exceptional staff because we believe that our students deserve nothing less. If you are successful, we will recognise this in your remuneration package
- We occupy a new state of the art building and classrooms are well resourced
- There is ample on-site staff parking, free duty lunch and designated staff work rooms
- Good travel links to London (35 mins by train), M25 (10 mins) and we are located in the heart of rural Sevenoaks
Experienced qualified Geography teachers and NQT’s are welcome and invited to apply. You will be committed to the development and progress of students, able to facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential and you will be the sort of person who enjoys a collaborative team working style, relishes a challenge and is resilient. Experienced candidates will also be able to teach KS5 (A level).
We are a Christian school through and through and are very keen to uphold this important and foundational element at Trinity. You do not have to be a Christian to join us but be sympathetic to our Christian values.
We will be recruiting as applicants apply and therefore the post may be filled before the close date.
Our school and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. The successful applicant will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure and checks regarding proof of ID, medical clearance and the right to work in the UK.
Closing Date: 31/01/2018 at 23:45
Information about the school
Trinity is a growing, non-denominational Christian free school based in Sevenoaks, Kent. We are a single academy trust which operates under the sponsorship of 30 local churches in the Sevenoaks area. Trinity was founded in 2013 by a committed group of local people, many of whom are governors of the school. We moved into our brand new, state-of-the-art building in September 2016 with years 7,8,9 and 10 (470 students). At full capacity we will accommodate 790 - 840 students, including our new Sixth Form, due to open in September 2018. We have also taken an additional 60 year 7 students this academic year (2 bulge classes). We are a 11-18, non-selective, mixed school with four forms of entry and we attract many pupils who reach the standard to pass the 11 Plus. Half the intake have a faith reference.
Parents, staff and students describe the school as a truly special place to work, teach and learn. The culture is supportive, challenging and every member of the Trinity team has high standards and expectations and strives for excellence in every aspect of school life.
Our vision and values permeate everything we do and this is demonstrated by our extremely well-behaved students right through to our flourishing co-curricular programme. High quality teaching, coupled with outstanding pastoral care, ensures that our students have every opportunity to fulfil their potential.
Teachers are well supported and developed through our CPD programme. Our new, state-of-the-art building has excellent, spacious facilities, well-resourced classrooms and designated staff work rooms. There is ample on-site staff parking, and a staff free duty lunch.
As a Christian school, we promote the Trinity Way in all we do: Truth, Excellence, Love, Leadership and Service. We believe that in doing so, students are well placed to grow into confident, outward focused individuals who live rewarding and purposeful lives. We hold unswervingly to a belief that every Trinity student should receive an education for life in all its fullness.
Students at Key Stage 3 follow a broad, balanced curriculum and are allocated extra time for English and Maths. Our focus on these subjects, together with our rigorous attention to individual student performance, helps students to achieve the highest possible grades so that all of our students have the opportunity to take the English Baccalaureate at Key Stage 4.
At Key Stage 4 we offer a personalised curriculum, working together with students and parents, to ensure that students are following a Key Stage 4 programme of study that is wholly appropriate to their needs. The option blocks at Key Stage 4 are intended to facilitate this and all students are encouraged to consider taking the English Baccalaureate. The curriculum allows students to progress at the appropriate rate in all subject areas.
We are delighted to be opening our new Sixth Form in September 2018, with the capacity to accommodate 190 students. A variety of pathways will be on offer. We will be offering seventeen subjects, which includes nine facilitating subjects, a group of subjects that are frequently required for entry to degree courses, typically courses that run at Russell Group universities. In addition, we have a further eight subjects that are also academic and some with a creative learning.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.