Finance and Accounting Team Leader - 6 month fixed term contract
Debit Balances Team Leader - 6 month fixed term contract
Salary: £25,000 plus holidays and 5% flexible benefit fund
Location: Leeds or Bristol
Established in 2005, we are now the UK's leading provider of business services to the NHS, which include Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Employment Services. We currently work with 100% of the NHS Commissioning organisations and over a third of NHS Trusts, providing a high level of governance and accountability for around £100 billion of NHS spend annually. We also provide a full range of solutions for NHS Provider organisations, ensuring cost improvements and efficiency savings, as well as improved data management and reporting.
NHS SBS is a unique joint venture between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria. Our mission is delivering £1 billion savings back to the NHS by 2020 and we have already delivered audited savings of over £350m. We provide cost improvements of around 30% for our clients, as well as providing added value solutions.
We are looking for a strong Team Leader with a good understanding finance and accounting processes to work with the Debit Balance team which is based in multiple locations - Bristol/Leeds/Pune (India). Through these teams, you will enable effective delivery of our agreed Debit Balance business processes; support effective team organisation and evolve and ensure excellent delivery of standard operating procedures. You will also support effective performance and efficiency methodology to manage a challenging high profile workload and complex delivery model.
You will support the business to focus on delivery of enhanced and adjusted business processes resulting from business analytical investigations with the intention of enhancing, automating and evolving the Debit Balance solution to meet increasing business requirements.
You will also work with operational business analysts to evolve the business solution and further upscale the Debit Balance solution to a wider percentage of the NHS SBS client portfolio.
- Responsible for work allocation to staff members, monitoring resources and reporting to ensure progression of all Debit Balances. Responsibilities will also include completing one to ones, competency reviews and development
- Strongly lead a team, through remote working and face-face meetings; providing leadership and general direction to team members for area of responsibility and interacting with Senior Management
- Manage the current process and team members, whilst supporting the ongoing review of the current 'way of working’ to improve productivity and performance
- Providing operational support in the administration of SOPS for multiple teams and processes
- Influencing stakeholders to recognise the benefits of the services to achieve buy in and approval to service developments and implementation plans
- Motivate, lead and develop the team and encourage communication
- Act as main contact point and support customers/colleagues to resolve internal/external and escalated queries
- Collate and where necessary produce/analyse statistical data/reports and implement improvements
- Review forecasts to ensure adequate staffing of the Debit Balances Team at all times, allowing for unexpected absences
- Deal with performance, feedback, coaching, training and issues in relation to the Debit Balance Team
- Experience of managing a team
- A solid understanding of finance and accounting/credits and debits processes
- Reporting, analytical and strong Excel skills and experience of using data to improve processes
- Strong influencing and team-building skills
- Goal-orientation with the ability to work with tight deadlines in an ever changing environment
- Experience in setting, monitoring and reviewing performance of teams
- Excellent written and oral communication and organisational skills
- Good inter-personal skills at a senior level externally and internally
- Be polite, assertive, tactful and assured
- Values colleagues and team working with tested leadership skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to engage and influence effectively across the whole organisation
- Happy to travel between the teams in Bristol and Leeds
- Knowledge of the NHS
- Oracle knowledge and experience
- Multi-site experience with offshore teams
Freedom to act
Over 1,900 NHS SBS people work as a fully integrated team to ensure our NHS clients benefit from our strength in process industrialisation and service innovation. On offer is the opportunity to join this fast growing and successful organisation. The role comes with a competitive salary and the opportunity for further development within NHS SBS or the wider Sopra Steria Group.
NHS Shared Business Services is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and values all employees as individuals. All applicants and employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.