Technical Lead Developer- Back End with Cloud (Azure) Sport Broadcasting, SW19
With staff in more than a dozen locations worldwide, deltatre has been making sport more entertaining for over 30 years. Today, the greatest sport events on earth are more immersive, collaborative and inclusive thanks to our cutting edge technologies. We’re on the side-lines of the game collecting data and writing live blogs that bring the event to life. We’re editing highlights and creating digital video streams to bring the excitement to everyone, everywhere. We deliver elegant on-screen graphics and in-depth analysis solutions, as well as innovative Augmented Reality systems that bring a little bit of magic to the TV studio.
We are looking for a Technical Lead Developer to work on our cutting edge digital deliveries, related services & applications. Our products and solutions encompass the full range of digital media end-to-end, from acquisition, encoding & transcoding, distribution and delivery through to end user applications on web, mobile and OTT platforms. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working on the full software development life cycle of online web based projects. They must be able to demonstrate extensive back-end experience and knowledge, and knowledge, as well a solid understanding of Cloud architecture and database development.
The candidate should have previous experience working on high traffic multi-tiered applications and fully understand the wider implications of security and performance considerations. The position will cover a range of projects and will require participation in client meetings and from time to time require out of office hours support around the sports events. Input into product development, technology strategic direction, and mentoring junior team members would also be expected.
- Expert full stack knowledge of ASP.NET with C#;
- Proven experience with B2C system and software architecture
- Excellent knowledge in algorithm design and design patterns
- Understanding of security and optimisation
- Extensive experience in TDD, task estimation, and sprint planning
- Desirable experience with Mobile or OTT development
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to express and understand complex technical concepts
- Ability to work in teams with strong interpersonal skills and mentoring experience.
- Ability to present skills and able to present in front of client for required technical concepts.
- Coaching skills with ability to step outside role confines and help teach other team members
Strategic & Operations:
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and implement solutions
- Help the Project Manager to identify potential issues and resolve them with technical expertise
- Well versed with the state of the art technologies within Web/Software development and can guide the client and team members as need arise
- Understand the departmental goals and spot potential new business with the client
- Ensure the process and guideline implementation of the development process within the project life cycle
- Ensure project quality and optimisation
- Ensure that product goes through all testing phases and deployment is regulated among development, staging and production environment
- Understand usability practices and able to advise on this to creative, client and team members
- Ability to work under pressure and ensure that projects meet tight deadlines
- Ability to deal with clients and travel to project sites
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to line manage team members and mentor them as required
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
We are committed to ensuring that we provide equal opportunities for all. Please let us know if you have any special requirements for the interview process.
Depending on the role the interview may include a practical test as well as an interview.
Interested candidates are invited to send a short letter of application and curriculum vitae by e-mail via the button below.
Please note that we can only contact successfully shortlisted candidates.