Technical Support Apprentice
Technical Support Apprentice (Permanent/Fixed Term Contract)
Location: High Wycombe
Established since 1998, 5G are a well-known supplier of B2B telecommunications, supplying leading edge technology throughout the UK, with a turnover in excess of £15m.
An opportunity has arisen for an apprentice to join our Technical Support team in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. To work towards a full level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship, including CCNA to provide 1st line technical support to customers of the company. This role is part of a team with multi-skilled knowledge and experience of supporting voice and data services.
As the Technical Support Apprentice, you will be expected to:
- Take responsibility for the fault from first contact to resolution.
- Diagnose and understand customers’ faults.
- Configure and Support IP Telephony Systems, Broadband Routers / Firewall, LAN/VPN Networks, Site to Site VPN connections and Unified Communications Applications.
- Setup and Monitor Unified communications systems using SMNP Network Monitor applications
- Survey and install IP Telephony solutions
- Action technical call backs as requested generated from other departments.
- Maintain and update customer interaction on company CRM software.
- Liaise with other company departments with regard to customer issues/faults.
- Maintain contact with all relevant resources
- Prioritise workload and ensure deadlines are met.
- Keep customers and other members of staff informed about the progress of faults.
- Contact BT Openreach and SFI engineers regarding line and Broadband Faults.
- Keep up to date and aware of the technical support issues, IT policies and best practice methods.
Requirements of the Technical Support Apprentice:
- A basic knowledge of system networking, broadband, phone line and standard IT skills would be advantageous.
- Keen eye for detail
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work to deadlines
- To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK on permanent basis
Technical Support Apprentice Benefits:
- Competitive salary - commensurate with experience
- 20 days holiday (pro rata) plus bank holidays
- Full level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship to include CCNA
If you feel you have the skills for our Technical Support Apprentice role, please apply now!