Head of QA & Testing
Head of QA and Testing
JLT have embarked on a dynamic transformation of their Technology capabilities. As the head of QA and Test you will be at the heart of this change, driving quality through our processes and software deliveries. You will need to be familiar with modern software engineering delivery methodologies and will constantly look to improve the quality of our processes, tooling and capability; building automation into the heart of our systems.
Being an all-round leader, you will set the shape and strategic direction of your team as well as supporting them on a day to day basis by removing their blockers; coaching and mentoring them for success. You will ensure the team is motivated to succeed and successes are celebrated, whilst focus remains on improvement.
Successful candidates will demonstrate
- A track record in driving and leading the change to fully automated test environment
- Agile test management and IT testing experience
- An in-depth understanding of the end to end software development lifecycle (SDLC), with a focus on transitioning to Agile methodologies
- Experience of leading cross functional work teams, particularly in a matrix and global organisation
- The ability to manage and direct 3rd Party software and test vendors
- Strong interpersonal skills, being able to communicate with clients and high-level stakeholders
- Up to date knowledge of test tooling, tracking systems and experience of working with collaboration tooling
- Strong people management skills, including coaching and mentoring the teams
- Passion, confidence and an innovative approach
- The ability to sell a vision for testing and get buy-in from senior Stakeholders and colleagues
The JLT business is continuously evolving and Group Information Technology is embarking on an exciting and truly global IT Transformation programme to support our business ambitions. We are improving the way we work and serve clients by investing in the efficiency and effectiveness of our people, systems and processes. Our objective is to remain agile, drive innovation and improve the value we bring to JLT.
We are a global organisation made up of around 650 colleagues world-wide. A large number of our teams are based in the UK - In our London City head office and further offices in Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol. Other teams are based in key regional hubs in the world's high growth economies, such as Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sidney and Toronto to better meet the needs of local and multi-national clients and trading partners. We procure, develop, run and manage best-in-class IT solutions and services to support JLT's business activities. We place our customers at the heart of all technology we buy or build. We partner with colleagues in the businesses to provide them with the solutions to deliver JLT's industry leading services to our blue-chip clients.
We offer highly attractive reward packages. We are aware of how integral our employees are to our progress, so we ensure that everyone shares in that success. Whilst this varies from company to company within Jardine Lloyd Thompson in the UK, typical benefits can include:
- Employee share schemes
- Flexible Benefit Scheme (called Choices)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Private healthcare scheme
JLT aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.