Nursery Assistant / Early Years Educator
We are looking for part-time Nursery Assistants / Early Years Educators to work for family-run nurseries in Otley and Burley-in-Wharfedale. Our nurseries offer top quality care and education for children aged 0-5 years. All of the team pride themselves in being caring and happy adults who enjoy looking after and educating the communities loved ones.
Positions are available for both qualified and unqualified practitioners.
What is involved in the role?
- Ensuring a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery, in particular your key children.
- Give support to other members of the nursery team.
- Provide high standards of customer care for families who bring children to the nursery.
- Contribute to a planning and delivering programme of activities suitable to the age range of children that you are working with in conjunction with other staff
- Make written observations and plan next steps for individuals and groups of children's learning and development.
- Specific childcare tasks:
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing
- Washing and changing children as required
- Providing comfort and warmth to a poorly child
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members
- Attend staff meetings and other activities outside working hours
What experience and skills do you need?
- Experience with children under the age of five, either paid or voluntary
- Knowledge of how children grow and change from birth to five
- Ability to write legibly and good presentation skills
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent in Childcare Learning and Development or equivalent would be desirable
- Salary: £7.05 - £7.65 per hour (dependent on experience)
- Location: Otley and Burley in Wharfdale, Leeds
- Hours: Part-time hours negotiable
- Otley - Monday - Friday between 7.30am and 6.00pm
- Burley in Wharfedale - Monday - Friday mornings
Please apply with a full CV and covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role.
The decision of suitability will be based on the information in your CV, so please ensure your CV is up to date. We regretfully are unable to provide specific feedback to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79188332