About the role
A great opportunity for an experienced Credit Controller to join this fast paced travel division of Capita Plc within a friendly, team focused environment.
About Capita | Travel and Events
Capita Travel and Events is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are the fourth largest travel and events management company in the UK, specialising in business travel and events management. We strive to be the most flexible and reliable Business Travel Management Company, always delivering a high standard of quality and value to our customers.
What you will do:
- To produce client /supplier Aged Debtor report on a weekly basis.
- To issue client / supplier statements on a monthly basis.
- Issue consolidated invoices and reports for assigned clients/ supplier.
- To proactively chase all outstanding invoices and claims assigned to your individual Age Debtor report.
- To ensure individual client/ supplier call logs are maintained at all times.
- Meet individual collection targets.
- Query and chase client/ supplier queries.
- Ensure Credit Control Guidelines are adhered to at all times, when carrying out your duties.
- Notify the relevant departments of client/supplier queries highlighted during the collection process.
- To immediately notify the Credit Manager of any queries internally/ externally, that may prevent cash target achievement.
- To immediately notify the Credit Manager of any potential bad debt risks.
- To attend internal and external training courses as and when required
- To comply with Statutory and legal requirements for Fire, Health & Safety and Hygiene and to ensure you're working in accordance with these requirements
- To adhere to all Capita, departmental / group policies and procedures
Your experience will include:
- Previous experience as a Credit Controller or within a finance environment
- Good negotiation skills
- Good Excel skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Confident approach
- Numerate and logical
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.