Company Accountant, Derry City, 1 year contract
Your new company
You will work for an expanding group based in Derry City who have been established over 10 years and employ approx. 130 people.
Your new role
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller and working as part of a small but well trained finance team. This is a varied role with a focus on Management reporting, assisting with board pack presentation and analysis to support the rapid growth of the company. Main duties will include: overseeing the sales and purchase ledgers; weekly supplier payments; weekly bank reconciliations; bi-weekly credit card reconciliations and monthly petty cash reconciliations; preparation of quarterly VAT returns; assisting Financial Controller in the preparation of monthly management accounts and management reports; preparation of margin analysis by product and customer; forecasts and budgets; finance reports; preparing monthly payroll and payroll processing; monthly balance sheet and P&L reconciliations; liaising with key suppliers; preparation of monthly accruals, prepayments and fixed assets schedules; completion of statutory government returns; managing monthly staff expenses process; working closely with the Financial Controller on all key financial aspects of reporting within the business
What you'll need to succeed
- A minimum of 3 years' experience within a busy Finance/Accounts function
- Must be either Qualified or nearing completion of qualification (ACA, ACCA, or CIMA qualification)
- Candidates currently working in practice are also encouraged to apply for this role
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the organisation, both internally and externally
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- The ability to work to month end close deadline
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Sage 50 Accounts and Sage Payroll experience
- Experience of preparing full Accounts (Financial or Management)
What you'll get in return
You will work for a leading company based in Derry City in a 1 year contract role. This is an expanding company and further opportunities within the business are a possibility. Salary for this role will be discussed at interview. Candidates from industry and practice backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Edelle Harrigan on 02871 242031.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79163840