Relief Support Worker - Waterlooville
Are you looking for a rewarding role where you can make a real difference to the lives of people with a Learning Disability?
We have an exciting new opportunity for dedicated and passionate individuals to join our team in Waterlooville. The service provides residential care to 3 people we support in a prime location, accessible by local transport.
The people we support need you to be understanding, reliable and most importantly caring - one of Mencap's key values.
As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we want to hear from you. This role has a unique set of challenges, but our award winning training and progression opportunities will ensure that you are the best Support Worker that you can be, whether you have lots experience or are just starting out in your career.
As a Relief Support Worker, flexibility is key for both yourself and for the service, as you will be required to work a variety of different shifts including mornings, evenings and waking nights, which are essential to the service. The best thing about flexibility? It's a two-way street. While we may require that you work a variety of shifts, we also understand that you'll have your own commitments and we will try to factor this into our rotas.
If you wish to finish each day knowing you have made a difference to other people's lives, then we want to hear from you.
* An enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate (paid for by Mencap)
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.