My client is a leading aerospace manufacturing business based in Birmingham, they are currently seeking a Maintenance Engineer to join their growing team on a rotating x3 shift basis.
- Ensure that mechanical aspects of plant and equipment is installed and maintained in good working order and in a safe working condition.
- Undertake electrical installation and maintenance of plant and equipment in accordance with IEE Regulations. Electrical fault finding and repair.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Carry out routine maintenance schedules and Preventative Maintenance activities
- Investigate and diagnose faults, locate and repair faulty items of plant and equipment.
- Assist with carrying out modifications to existing plant and equipment in order to improve operating life, safety and efficiency.
- Assist with the installation of new plant and equipment.
- Applies safe working practices and systems of work whilst performing tasks and duties
- To diagnose and address electrical faults by either applying electrical knowledge and understanding, initiating repairs either by self or sub-contracting or modifying plc software.
- To install and test electrical functionality and safety of new plant and equipment.
- To carry out routine electrical maintenance programmes.
- Working on a shift rotation basis to suit business requirements
- Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
- Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field
- Years Experience: 4-6 years in relevant experience
- City & Guilds in Electrical Maintenance
- IEE Wiring Regulations - 16/17th Edition
- Experience in similar role including 3 phase, fuses, insulation and motors.
- City & Guilds in Mechanical Maintenance
- PLC experience and computer literate
- Experience in a similar role.
- Good interpersonal skills for effective communication
- Knowledge of electrical skills