Software Project Manager
Due to their continued growth and expansion, this cutting edge and innovative online technology organisation is looking to recruit a Software Project Manager to manage the delivery of complex software development projects and teams. The ideal candidate will come from a technical and/or development background and have experience of managing 3rd party suppliers, internal teams and system integrators in the eCommerce space and preferably on the Magento 2 platform.
The Software Project Manager will report into to the Head of Platform Development and will be the de-facto owner of the PMO function within the business. They will have the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis and verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
Software Project Manager - Key Responsibilities:
• Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business
• Provide leadership and management of a distributed for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
• Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
• Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
• Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
• Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
• Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
• Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chair the project management team meetings
• Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
• Develop and manage all aspects of project engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, board members and key stakeholders
• Continue professional development in order to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices
• Extensive understanding of project management principles, methods and techniques
Software Project Manager - Skills and Experience required:
• Excellent experience in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall, PRINCE2, Six Sigma or other qualifications desirable.
• Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations
• Tools: MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint; CA Clarity PPM
• Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close
• Strong experience presenting to executive sponsors and demonstrated communication skills; both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff, all levels of management
• Technically competent with various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Microsoft Project, Jira, Confluence and other project focused tools.
• 5+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
• 5+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment
• 1+ years of previous experience with gathering requirements from the client / business and documentation
• 3+ years of experience with full product lifecycle with understanding of development lifecycle and various technology methodologies that support that lifecycle
• Technical background and understanding of development best practices and management of development resources on & offshore.
• Excellent level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint with experience presenting to stakeholders and / or Senior Leadership
Software Project Manager - Benefits
• 25 Days holiday
• 10% Employer pension contribution
• Casual dress code
• Flexible working hours
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Bikes for work scheme
• Friday beer fridge
• Social events
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for and be part of a company that is rapidly expanding and be a contributing factor to its long-term growth. Open plan environment and a fun, friendly and sociable culture.