Junior SQL DBA
Junior SQL DBA FIntechQuant Capital is urgently looking for a SQL DBA with ideally some Sybase to join our high profile client.Our client is a well known fintech firm disrupting the wealth management space.
The database administration team at consists of two members of staff who are responsible for all areas of the SQL Server and SAP ASE database infrastructure. The database estate at consists of around 100 SQL Server instances, (all versions from 2005 to 2016) and 20+ SAP ASE 15.7 instances running on Oracle Linux.
The main responsibilities of the Junior SQL DBA are:
- Specialization in SQL Server development and administration
- Strategy for new databases globally, including hardware and storage design
- Capacity planning for new and existing systems
- Working closely with developers, advising on SQL code optimisations and database design
- New database installations, upgrades and migrations
- Configure and monitor database backup policies
- Release database changes to UAT and production environments
- Maintain appropriate database security policies
- Development of SQL-based automation systems
Junior SQL DBA’s / SQL Database Administrators MUST have:
- 1 years experience as a DBA
- Experience of Administration of a SQL Server estate
- Ideally Fluency in T-SQL
- Automation of database maintenance tasks
- Exposure to Unix and Windows Servers
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
SQL, Database, DBA, Sybase, SQL Server
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79187636