An excellent opportunity has arisen for an ACA/ACCA qualified (or part qualified) Audit Senior to join an award winning Accountancy based at the central Birmingham office.
We are looking to recruit an Audit Senior who is experienced in working with Owner Managed Businesses and International Groups on a variety of audit engagements.
You will be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with clients and work well with the people around you.
- Salary up to £40K pa depending on experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible benefits through salary sacrifice
Responsibilities to include
- Provide liaison between client and Manager during the audit.
- Supervise the audit team, providing leadership, control and guidance as required.
- Plan the assignment and supervise the team in order to complete work on time and within budget and identify alternative or innovative methods of completing the assignment.
- Review the work of allocated staff, answering all but the most difficult fieldwork queries and ensure that files are prepared in accordance with the audit manual for managerial review.
- Co-ordinate the documentation and file work, including the management letter and other reports, to complete an assignment for review by the Manager.
- Become and remain familiar with the market in which the client operates.
- Liaise with the Tax Department in respect of tax related activity.
- Assist in the development of other, more junior, professional staff.
- Perform detailed technical work as required; contribute to technical or other discussions with the client showing commercial awareness, skill and initiative in handling complex technical matters.
- To be aware of the latest technical developments through reading and attendance of courses (internal and external).
To provide ad-hoc support to other members of the audit department as required
Skills and experience
- A professional qualification (ACA, ACCA) is preferred, however, suitable equivalents will be considered subject to sufficient experience. CPD to the requirement of the professional qualification must be maintained.
- To have an understanding of the effect of taxes on a set of accounts
- To have an understanding of the technical aspects concerning a set of limited company accounts
- Ability to use/learn software and systems operated by the firm as appropriate (e.g. Caseware, CorTax, MYOB AE Central, Singleview), and new software packages introduced as required
- You may from time to time be required to attend courses (internal and external) to aid you in the capacity to fulfil your role
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Why not listen to some of the inspiring stories from our candidates and their one piece of career advice. It's just a few of the thousands of people who have found success in their working lives with Randstad. Visit to find out what you could become.