Theatre Scrub Nurse
Theatre Scrub Nurse
Part Time - 25 hours
Salary up to £36,000 ( pro rata )
Our client is one of the industry leading private healthcare providers who is seeking an Scrub Nurse who has experience in all aspects of opthalmic services. The successful applicant will provide excellent care to all patients, with specific responsibility for pre-operative assessment, peri-operative and post-operative care in the surgical and refractive suite of the hospital, which may include diagnostic testing and theatre scrub along with assisting with minor operations.
Our client is looking for a scrub nurse who will ensure a comprehensive level of care provision ensuring the patient is regularly updated to encompass change and will deliver highly skilled patient-centered care to all ophthalmic patients within the hospital.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Use clinical judgement and analytical skills to pro-actively identify potential problems during surgery that require Consultant / Surgeon input.
- Work with Consultant / Surgeon supporting them and delivering excellent care to patients whilst in the theatre environment.
- Provide scrub assistance in clinical/operative procedures.
- Provide pre and post-operative instructions to patients/carers through effective communication as part of the clinical competency framework and holistic care of patients.
- Act as a mentor in training colleagues within the theatre environment.
- Provide expert advice for staff, patients and their carers.
- Administer drugs and treatments as prescribed according to the NMC guidelines for the Safe and Secure handling of medicines.
- To organise notes and hospital lists to ensure smooth running of hospital schedules, using the ERM system or manual records as appropriate.
The ideal RGN or ODP - Ophthalmic Scrub Nurse, you will have:
-Experience in a scrub role.
-Experience in Ophthalmic procedures
- NMC / HCPC Registration
- Post Registration Qualifications/Courses
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
To undertake all mandatory training as required.
To undertake specific equipment training as required.
Actively participate in induction programmes for new colleagues and provide ongoing support.
Participate in clinical supervision, staff training and departmental meetings as required.
For more information and or to apply please call Jenna O'Rourke on and or email