Social Work Service Manager
Norwood has a brilliant opportunity for a Social Work and Family Support Manager, during an exciting period for Norwood’s children Services. Norwood is a charity providing support services for children and young people (and their families) within their homes and schools throughout their lives.
THE ROLE: As member of an established and dedicated team, you will be supervising a team of three excellent senior social workers and a senior family support worker. You will be joining a diverse, cohesive team of professionals at a really exciting time for Norwood’s Children Services. In turn you will receive strong leadership, regular supervision and training. The role is working across Norwood’s children centres in Hackney/Redbridge and Hendon so ability to drive is essential.
To be considered for this role you must be HCPC registered social worker and have experience of working with children and families in a management role.
BENEFITS: Leading UK charity, with a 1pm finish every Friday. Strong leadership, with regular supervision and training, generous leave entitlement and the opportunity to develop your own leadership skills.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To manage and develop the daily operations of Norwood’s Family Support and Social Work Services through providing support and supervision to an excellent team of senior social workers and senior family support worker.
- To lead the strategic and operational development of Norwood’s Early Intervention Strategy in order to improve outcomes for children, young people and their families.
- In collaboration with the Business Manager, to set agreed performance standards, set regular reporting processes and ensure that the service policies and procedures are embedded in a documented quality assurance framework which is reviewed regularly.
- To provide KPI and Outcomes reports which will feed through to Directors and Trustees on a bi monthly basis.
- In collaboration with the QA Officer to take lead in reviewing the current outcomes framework and apply changes where necessary ensuring that outcomes are captured, analysed and communicated in a way that supports learning and decision making.
- To work closely with managers of other children services and contribute to the development and growth of Norwood’s multidisciplinary service model.
- To represent the organisation and build positive and influential relationships with key stakeholders/partners when appropriate, both at national and local level. In collaboration with the Head of Service to ensure that the work of Social Work is visible to the rest of the organisation and develop and maintain effective communication with managers and staff of other departments and other agencies.
- To be responsible for preparing and maintaining the budgets of relevant teams. Control, monitor and forecast expenditure, taking remedial action as required to enable cost effective services to be provided within the allocated cash limits.
- To be proactive in helping to maximise funding opportunities through statutory avenues as well as through promoting participation with the fundraising and communications department.
- To lead on ensuring the social care services adhere to the principles of being a learning agency by providing leadership on the relevant policies and procedures, training and development requirements and opportunities, both internally and externally with HEI's (Higher Education Institutions) and responding to Government policy change and development.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of the service.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure.
Patron: Her Majesty The Queen.
Registered Charity No: 1059050.