Library Network Assistant 18 hours Horsley Library
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity?
Do you have a passion for providing excellent customer service?
Able to travel to different locations?
We currently have a vacancy for 18 hours per week working as a Library Network Assistant based in Horsley Library, Parade Court, Ockham Rd S, East Horsley, Leatherhead KT24 6QR.
You will earn £8,948 per annum pro rata to £17,896 per annum.About the Role
Surrey is one of the largest county councils in the UK and has over 50 libraries across the county. Our library teams deliver a range of services to all members of the public. Times have changed from when all that libraries offered was to lend books and access to a reference collection. Now, in addition to lending books and providing a range of online reference resources, we are able to offer a range of services including library services for the elderly or disabled, help for reading groups, and information on topics such as domestic abuse and mental health. We also hold computer classes, Rhymetimes and Storytimes, and various other events such as Minecraft sessions and Code Clubs.
What could be better?
Not only will we offer you a fantastic working environment with a great work-life balance, but we also provide some amazing benefits including 24 days annual leave, local government salary-related pension offered, discounted child care vouchers as well as the option to join the car lease scheme. For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
For more information about our libraries please visit the website: http://new.surreycc.gov.uk/people-and-community/libraries/your-library/find-your-nearest-library
We are looking to build on our existing team and attract a friendly and enthusiastic person to help promote, and deliver, outstanding service to the people of Surrey.
Your daily duties will include but not be limited to:
- Assist with enquiries as required
- Take part in Rhymetime and Storytime
- Ordering of material in the absence of senior staff
- Support library events as required e.g. author talks and IT sessions
- Ensure enquiry records are kept up to date
We are looking for the following key skills from potential applicants:
- Knowledge of using Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to use initiative and work under pressure with accuracy
- A basic understanding of working in a library
- Ability to manage time and workload
- Flexibility towards work patterns
- Positive working attitude towards training and development.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 21 January 2018.
Interviews will take place week commencing 22 January 2018.
Equal Opportunity, Values and Behaviours
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
The values below will be crucial in delivering our corporate strategy, and are what we draw on to make a difference for Surrey residents.
- Listen - We actively listen to others and expect to be listened to.
- Responsibility - We take responsibility in all that we do at work.
- Trust - We work to inspire trust and we trust in others.
- Respect - We are supportive and inclusive and committed to learning from others.
Our behaviours are what people experience when they interact. They encompass how we do our work and how we treat other.
- Be customer focussed - We put the customer at the heart of our work and take responsibility to uphold the customer promise in all that we do.
- Work as one team - We collaborate with and involve our partners, customers and colleagues, and build strong and lasting relationships based on listening, trust and mutual respect.
- Make things happen - We plan and deliver our work on time and effectively, making sure we understand the needs and priorities and considering all our options and risks.
- Communicate with purpose - We communicate clearly to all our stakeholders, making sure that we listen, understand and inform in the process.
- Be the best we can be - We embrace the need for change and innovation, taking responsibility to improve our services and processes in the right way.
- Develop ourselves and others - We learn continually, we seek feedback about our own performance and support others to learn.