Bank Library Network Assistant - North Surrey
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity? Do you have a passion for providing excellent customer service? Able to travel to different locations?
Surrey is one of the largest County Councils in the UK and has over 50 libraries across the county. Our libraries team delivers a range of services to all members of the public. Times have changed from where the only service we could provide was to loan books, now in addition to loaning books we are able to offer information on a range of topics including – domestic abuse, mental health and library services for the elderly or disabled. We also hold computer classes, digital classes, story time, and other various events.
£10.86 per hour (inclusive of annual leave allowance).
For more information about our libraries please visit the website http://new.surreycc.gov.uk/people-and-community/libraries/your-library/find-your-nearest-libraryAbout the Role
We are looking to build on our existing team of Bank Library Network Assistants. We would like friendly and enthusiastic people, to help, promote and deliver outstanding service for the people of Surrey.
We require Bank Library Network Assistants to be able to work across North Surrey branches at times to support the day to day running of our libraries.
Your duties will include but not be limited to;
- Assist with enquiries as required
- Support library events as required, e.g. author talks and IT sessions
- Ensure enquiry records are kept up to date
- Take part in Rhymetime and Storytime
We are looking for the following key skills from potential applicants:
- Knowledge of using Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to use initiative and work under pressure with accuracy
- A basic understanding of working in a library
- Ability to manage time and workload
- Flexibility towards work patterns
- Able to work in at least four of our branches
- Positive working attitude towards training and development.
This job advert closes at 23:59 on Sunday 21st January 2018.
Equal Opportunity, Values and Behaviours
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
The values below will be crucial in delivering our corporate strategy, and are what we draw on to make a difference for Surrey residents.
- Listen - We actively listen to others and expect to be listened to.
- Responsibility - We take responsibility in all that we do at work.
- Trust - We work to inspire trust and we trust in others.
- Respect - We are supportive and inclusive and committed to learning from others.
Our behaviours are what people experience when they interact. They encompass how we do our work and how we treat other.
- Be customer focussed - We put the customer at the heart of our work and take responsibility to uphold the customer promise in all that we do.
- Work as one team - We collaborate with and involve our partners, customers and colleagues, and build strong and lasting relationships based on listening, trust and mutual respect.
- Make things happen - We plan and deliver our work on time and effectively, making sure we understand the needs and priorities and considering all our options and risks.
- Communicate with purpose - We communicate clearly to all our stakeholders, making sure that we listen, understand and inform in the process.
- Be the best we can be - We embrace the need for change and innovation, taking responsibility to improve our services and processes in the right way.
- Develop ourselves and others - We learn continually, we seek feedback about our own performance and support others to learn.