You will provide a technical and diagnostic service within the service department, ensuring that customer expectations and productivity targets are met. A great opportunity for someone with technical qualifications at the start of their career who are looking to further develop.
Our client have sites throughout the UK, of which they are looking to recruit for. They are part of bigger group, which are market leading in automotive manufacturing.
The main responsibilities of the Service Technician will be to utilise diagnostic equipment and their experience to maximise efficient and accurate diagnosis of the cars. Alongside this they will;
- Take all steps to ensure servicing and repair procedures are completed within timescales
- Ensure diagnosis leads to the most cost effective and accurate remedy to the fault or customer complaint
- Discuss matters with customers as required and provide detailed explanations
- Complete forms and documentation included in the Company's service routine in a concise and accurate manner
- Make recommendations and suggestions regarding any issues or promotional campaigns
The successful Service Technician will demonstrate the ability to work within a team and obtain the following attributes;
- At least level 2 qualified City and Guilds Vehicle/Mechanic or equivalent qualification
- At least 12 months experience of servicing
- The willingness to learn and progress
Competitive salary, overtime opportunities for bonus.
This position is available for the following locations;