Robert Half are currently working with an extremely exciting Leisure/Hospitality business based in Trafford Park who are currently looking to recruit a Qualified Management Accountant into their rapidly expanding Finance team.
This would ideally suit an experienced Management Accountant with 3+ years in a similar role, and they will offer a salary between £35,000 - £40,000 depending on experience.
This is a really exciting role where you will play a key role in the overall success of the finance function, and be given plenty of responsibility over the core tasks as well as helping look after the transactional finance team. In terms of key responsibilities, they are as follows:
- Preparing and communicating management information, including operational performance
- Preparing budgets and forecasts for assigned businesses and business areas
- Developing and managing financial systems
- Working with other departments and management to maximise financial performance
- Identifying and reporting appropriate key performance indicators
- To report on any inconsistencies found by performing internal audits
- Day to day management of the individual functions within the finance team to include team management of payroll, sales ledger, purchase ledger and cash control.
- Provide strong ongoing support to the Finance Manager
Growing the Business
- To prepare and consolidate the properties monthly forecast submission and to ensure forecasting tools are standard to ensure accurate forecasting techniques are in place with the Finance Manager
- To review and assist in the preparation of the annual budget with the Finance Manager.
- To implement and audit Credit Control processes or systems that need to be implemented ensuring that the impact on the properties cash collection being managed to their full potential.
- To ensure that all necessary financial training is given to the finance team to support the financial systems and procedures developing manager's financial aspects that will benefit the business, recommending and reviewing appropriate controls with in the Finance Team.
- To ensure that all accounts are reconciled as part of the Period End process and any aged clearly communicated and resolved
- To prepare P&Ls for the the venue subject to requirement of the business.
- To ensure reporting deadlines and formats are agreed and consistent for the venue including production of Period End packs and Budget Models
- To prepare and review weekly and monthly cost expenditure in particular- payroll, food & liquor and venue operational costs
Year/Period End Processing
- To ensure that all accounts are reconciled as part of the Period End process and any issues clearly communicated and resolved
- To monitor Credit Card usage monitoring to reduce fraudulent refunds and highlight trends in card numbers
- To task and challenge P&L results to ensure accurate and consistent with expectations.
Process & Procedures
- To undertake any training required with the team as a result of any shortfalls identified in the audit.
- To identify and develop financial awareness within the property through structured training and development of the finance team.
- To ensure the finance processes used are efficient and robust and are updated to reflect business needs.
- To recommend and monitor financial control processes across the business i.e. F&B, kitchens, reception etc.
- To ensure any best practice identified is rolled out consistently to the finance team.
- To ensure strict compliance with company policies and procedures is maintained within all departments.
- To ensure necessary segregation of duties are in place within the financial team.
- To perform specific investigations into financial matters as required which arise on an ad hoc basis.
- To actively support and monitor the development of the finance team on property ensuring departmental training is recorded and ongoing for team members.
- Each team member to have specific measurable objectives agreed.
- To create a team environment of financial awareness within the finance department through developing, advising and training.
- To ensure effective communication within the property by holding updated training sessions as required.
- To assist with the development of Heads of Department within the property to become commercially astute in their aspect of the business. Act as a financial mentor to the team.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79163308