Site Financial Controller
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a permanent, full-time Site Financial Controller within a well established, market leading global logistics business. They require a hands-on, analytical and commercially savvy finance professional to provide finance, accounting and commercial support to their Dartford site with a turnover of circa £20 million. Reporting to the General Manager and Group FD, this is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate taking the next step on the ladder with fantastic career potential.
Key duties will encompass:
- Production of timely, accurate and meaningful financial, production and KPI reports and analysis to local and national senior management and to head office
- Providing relevant commercial commentary and advice on all reports produced
- Production and ownership of site management accounts, P&L, balance sheet and quarterly reconciliations
- Provision of MI advice and decision making support to the General Manager and Heads of Department to facilitate sound commercial strategy and direction
- Preparation and monitoring of budgets, forecasts, cash flow and site business plan
- Costing and calculation related to customers, partners and sub-contractors
- Maintain continuous improvement process to ensure data and MI is accessible, relevant and of this highest possible quality
- Supporting and challenging budget owners to meet targets and deliver budgets and obtain best value
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting / reporting systems. Implementing systems, processes and controls to ensure
- Planning, monitoring and supporting ad hoc commercial projects and providing financial support to a satellite office
- Qualified Accountant ACA / ACCA / CIMA, ideally with 2-5 years post qualified experience, preferably in the logistics, freight or transport sectors.
- A motivated and rigourous finance professional with an eye for detail and a passion for adding value
- The ability to understand and communicate effectively at all levels and to be curious and reactive to change
- Works well under pressure in fast paced environment
- Strong technical, problem solving and analytical skills
- Sound in IT systems and process driven
This role would suit an ambitious, newly qualified Management or Financial Accountant or SME Finance Manager, looking for a varied position that offers autonomy and the opportunity to make a significant commercial impact offering great potential for career progression within a large multinational group and personal development potential for a determined individual who is ready to make their mark.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79195981