Internal Audit / Compliance Associate
Our reputable and dynamic client based in the heart of the City is seek a professional and enthusiastic, hardworking Internal Audit and Compliance Associate to join their Head Office team.
Our client currently has two CF10 compliance officers (one of whom is a solicitor), covering retail and institutional, and although this will start as a support role the intention is to recruit a candidate who can become a qualified manager within 2 to 3 years and operate an independent department.
- Take initial responsibility for complaint handling in line with FCA guidelines and regulations
- Keep a record of all institutional contracts and contract amendments
- Be the main resource keeping track of general terms and conditions, reporting to in-house lawyer
- Liaise with managers and directors on contract drafting etc
- Responsible for updating CASS resolution pack and DRP every month
- Prepare monthly internal audit and compliance report
- Compliance monitoring and updates on company website
- Review all product offerings for compliant approach
- Review sales compliance for in-house and appointed representative staff
- Undertaking internal audit checks and compliance monitoring reviews to ensure the company adheres to policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Prepare correspondence, deal directly and promptly with routine compliance matters
- Work closely with external auditors on regulatory and statutory work
- Undertake all compliance filing and record keeping
- Identifying and monitoring compliance risk areas in the business and to initiate corrective action for avoidance of future breaches
- Advanced Excel skills and high level of Word skills
- Appreciation of risk management and sampling methods in financial services
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Fast learner, flexible in approach
- Robust and able to address issues requiring confrontation
- Graduate* with a good degree, probably in law or accounting, or a suitable academic subject
- At least 2 years' experience within either a professional (probably top 10) audit firm or financial services / bank compliance department, or FCA, FOS or FSCS background, or a law firm
- Experience from a legal or auditing background is preferable
- Proven ability to study as we will expect the successful candidate to have potential to be a regulated compliance officer under the Senior Manager regime within 3 years (equivalent to CF10)
- Study and career development support will be offered to a candidate who passes probation and is willing to make a long-term commitment.
- Ability to grasp quickly technical understanding of CASS 6/7 and COBS FCA rules
- Literate - the ability to understand contracts and technical jargon, and make sense of complex phraseology
- Well spoken, well presented and personable.
Advertised by Office Angels, City branch Please note that due to a high volume of response Office Angels receive; only successful candidates will be contacted For the purposes of the Regulations, please note that Office Angels in the provision of these services will be operating as a recruitment agency. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79169798