Legal Knowledge Analyst / Engineer - Maternity Cover
Legal Knowledge Analyst / Engineer
LexisNexis, Farringdon, London
9-12 months Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Cover)
LexisNexis UK is about being a part of something bigger. It's about being able to push boundaries to new levels through delivering authoritative content with cutting-edge technology and software tools, allowing our customers to quickly find the answers they are searching for.
LexisNexis, a division of the global publishing company RELX Group plc, (FTSE 50), is a leader in professional publishing and a pioneering solutions provider specializing in solutions for the legal, tax and accountancy sectors.
Job spec/role: As a Legal Knowledge Engineer you will analyse legal activities and work with subject matter experts to create new workflows and calculators. These solutions will enable our customers to work better and more efficiently. The role will allow you to develop knowledge of business process mapping and experience legal processes across a wide range of legal sectors, as well as the role technology can play.
- Capture legal requirements from internal and external customers using business process mapping techniques to produce workflows and calculators
- Analyse requirements to identify repeatable or bespoke legal processes to bring real added value to customer activities
- Liaising and presenting to stakeholders and legal subject matter experts
- Use in-house or third party software to create a variety of legal process content and calculators
- Assuming ownership of various projects and initiatives as assigned by the Manager. Developing project plans and ensuring these are delivered on time.
- Fostering collaboration and knowledge sharing within the team and other parts of the business.
- Staying informed about the latest technological innovations; as part of this you will have the opportunity to develop your 'hands-on' process mapping skills, a key function in this rapidly changing market
- Travel to other LN or customer offices will be required to meet with lawyers, knowledge management leaders and clients to discuss and scope their requirements.
- Representing the Workflows team at internal and, where necessary, external events to help raise the profile of the team.
The ideal candidate will a good knowledge of the current challenges facing the legal market. They will have a strong business and commercial acumen and exemplary customer service skills.
Ability to use logic to solve complex problems will be important.
The role may suit a Law graduate / LPC graduate/ qualified lawyer with good IT skills looking for an alternative career path within the legal sector. Alternatively, a legal PA, administrator or document production operator within a law firm looking for personal development and a new challenge.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel, with the aptitude to learn more
- An innate ability to think logically.
- Excellent understanding of the importance of internal communications and knowledge sharing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of establishing immediate rapport
- Capable of working autonomously but also operating within a team environment
- Proven organisational skills
- Ability to lead and deliver presentations and training to groups of people, including senior members of the firm.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines, and to prioritise between conflicting demands.
- Ability to understand and take complex design briefs from an end user.
- Proactive, with a keen eye for detail
- Flexible in both attitude and in daily hours of work
- Highly motivated with a can-do approach towards all given tasks
- Understanding of privacy and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to develop effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-starter and able to work on own initiative
- A creative thinker with the ability to produce new ideas and concepts.
- Exhibits approach and behaviours consistent with the firm's core values.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79177127