Head of Science
St Augustine Academy is a successful 11-16 secondary school in Maidstone, Kent. We are seeking to appoint an experienced, effective, enthusiastic and dynamic teacher of science to lead our science department. The department has 5 full time teaching staff and 3 part time technicians and is very well resourced; benefitting from new, well designed laboratories. We offer OCR Gateway Combined science GCSE as well as individual GCSE’s in Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
We require for September 2018, an outstanding teacher and a highly effective leader who will:
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
- Be an enthusiastic subject specialist skilled in delivering engaging science lessons
- Be an exemplary communicator
- Possess the vision and drive to ensure all our students are able to succeed Motivate, challenge, support and inspire our students
- Be committed to closing gaps and raising attainment across all abilities, whatever their starting point.
- Be committed to supporting and coaching staff
- Be responsible for leading on pedagogy which impacts on classroom learning
- Aspire to a senior leadership role in a school in the future
The successful applicant will have a customised induction programme and opportunities to further develop their own leadership and management experience.
Closing Date: Wednesday 31st January 2018
Salary:- MPS/UPS Plus TLR 1B and up to £8,000 Recruitment and retention bonus for the right candidate
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this post or visit the Academy please contact Mrs Yvonne Lambert, PA to the Principal on 01622 752490 extn 944 to arrange.