Permanent Management Accountant Role, Thame, paying between £25k-£29k
Your new company
A market leading charitable organisation in the Thame area are currently looking for an additional management accountant to join the finance team after recent growth.
Your new role
The purpose of this role will be to provide secondary finance point of contact for operational and development management, and to support the Finance Managers in providing all key financial information to enable good decision making.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- To support operating divisions in all aspects of finance, helping to ensure divisions achieve their annual financial targets.
- To build good working relationships with operational managers and communicate finance issues clearly.
- To conduct audits including report writing in divisions to ensure that the cycle of 1 audit every 2 years is achieved and personal monies are safeguarded.
- To assist in the production of management accounts for divisions, including the production of KPI's and commentary information, and identifying key variances and issues for action.
- To ensure all invoices are raised in a timely and accurate manner, including recharges to the people we support, and review methodically aged debtors, including service user debts / loans, to ensure cash is collected efficiently, liaising with support and operational managers where necessary.
- To assist with providing financial support for tenders, contributing to the setting of all key assumptions together with the Development and Operational teams and ensuring that tender documentation is read thoroughly to ensure all necessary costs are built in and priced for.
- To produce required ad-hoc information for the annual statutory accounts and audit, cost benefit analysis, project appraisal etc.
- To input cash received to the sales ledger and allocate to debtors accounts ensuring up to date and reliable information on the status of receivables
- To prepare bank reconciliations, as required, for sign off by Accounts Manager, identifying all variances and ensuring action is taken accordingly
- To assist with the input of petty cash transactions and reconcile petty cash balances to ensure accurate records
- To administer the bank accounts
- To assist with purchase ledger input and enquiries when required
- To oversee the work of the finance assistants
- To prepare balance sheet reconciliations for review by Accounts Manager to ensure accuracy of the general ledger
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful in this role you will ideally be studying for AAT, CIMA or ACCA. The client is looking for people who have previous experience in management accounts, and someone who fully understands the processes. Access Dimensions experience is desirable. You will also need to have good Excel skills and know how to comfortable use pivot tables and v-lookups.
What you'll get in return
The salary being offered for this role is between £25k-29k depending on experience. The working hours are 9am-5pm with half an hour for lunch.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79192315