ACA Finalist - Audit & Accounts - Top 20 Accountancy Practice
ACA finalist role for a Top 20 firm. They will consider people with exam failures on the ACA and have been let go as a result. They have a varied client base and offer placements to other departments or one of their national offices.
- We are working with a market leading, forward thinking Top 20 Accountancy Firm with offices across the UK.
- It is an exciting time to join this firm with them having over 100% of growth over the last nine years providing you with real scope to progress and develop your career.
- This practice is part of an International networks so they are both a national and international business.
- As a firm they are keen to provide opportunities for personal and professional development, and actively support and encourage the use of secondments across a range of business areas and locations.
- They also offer exciting one-off project placements to other departments or one of their national offices
- 50% Audit and 50% Accounts
- You will be required to produce a detailed audit planning memorandum, including details of any potential difficulties that may have been encountered during previous audits and ensure correct tests are applied to produce sufficient audit evidence, discuss with Partner/Director/Senior Manager/Manager.
- As part of your development you will allocate sections to junior staff and brief on what is expected of them.
- Monitor the progress of jobs, ensure that budgets are met, address any problems that are encountered to ensure that the audit is finished within budget and time-frame.
- Review and supervise the work of more junior staff both on site and in the office and complete any sections as necessary
- Complete analysis of items for tax.
- Completion of a job:
- filling in required documentation
- preparation of Key Issues Memorandum including commentary on accounts
- summary of outstanding points to managers
- final analytical review
- cast accounts, check referencing
- ensure lead schedules agree to accounts
- pass file to Manager for review
- clear all review points
- make any amendments necessary
- Draft letters to clients in relation to the audit/accounts.
- Calculate more complex areas for sets of accounts completed by junior members of staff (where appropriate).
- Prepare accounts from records and produce set of financial statements.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to more junior staff and give detailed help and training as required, to ensure skills are improved to enhance future effectiveness.
- Monitor the performance of staff working on jobs; including giving feedback after files have been reviewed and completing audit review form at the end of each job, noting any training and development needs that have been identified.
- ACA or ACCA, nearly qualified with practice experience
- Auditing experience and excellent accounts preparation skills
- Competent planning and completion skills
- Computer experience - Sage, Excel, Word and ideally CaseWare (accounts and audit) and tax software
- Experience of the Academies Sector would be an advantage
- Previous experience of supervising junior members of staff
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standard
- Communication - oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environment
- Organised - ability to deal with a variety of task
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Team building and problem solving skill
- Ability to work well under pressure
- City of London
- Top 20 Accountancy Practice
- 50% Audit and 50% Accounts
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79189890