Project Manager Lead/PMO
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Project Manager Lead with Program Management, Financial Service and SharePoint experience. Candidate will lead application development of a portfolio of projects, including major initiatives, light enhancements, break fixes and production support of financial applications. Candidate will ensure alignment between project activities and accepted scope and negotiate with the business and other stakeholders on changes to scope, as well as take ownership of the end-to-end delivery of software solutions to ensure successful delivery and post-production support.
- Work with staffing Vendor and ensure augmentation is done as needed. Need to write SOW's and execute on behalf of the group and comply with PMO office needs.
- Execute identified new or existing SF program based projects and provide regular status update to Program office.
- Developing project plans and status reports to include cost, schedule, scope performance in addition to actively managing issues and risks
- Maintain overall project schedule and follow-up progress with project team members
- Ensuring all projects comply with methodology, controls, and documentation standards
- Should master all the processes including merge/yield process. Should proactively start, execute and complete all the process on time
- Create necessary tickets and forms including deployment forms (in compliance with the respective form/ticket rules). Obtain necessary approval for the tickets and forms prior to Enterprise deployment
- Work with technical lead and developers to document software implementation and deployment steps. Socialize deployment activities to all the respective technology groups including TCM, DB, WIO etc.
Budget & Resource Management:
- Developing detailed cost and schedule estimates including metrics and drivers for estimates
- Maintain Plan-view as required. Maintain requirements, allocations, and overall project forecast in Plan-View.
- Continuously assess and adjust project between forecast and actuals. Report burn rates to management on a timely manner.
- Manage CWs in terms time reporting and approval, contract extension and termination
Risk and Issues:
- Demonstrate ownership of problems, issues, or requests from start to finish. Facilitating appropriate handoffs, but track the item through resolution
- Document project Risks in register and maintain Issues list. At a minimum every risk should include risk description, assigned to, risk probability, risk impact and mitigation steps
- All risk and Issues should be followed as required. Respective register and list should be updated on such follow-up to document progress and resolutions
Technical and business acumen:
- Ensure that requirements/user stories including Non-functional (performance, operational and transitional) are fully developed, communicated and understood by the project team
- Ensuring the development team follows development best practices (eg code reviews, unit testing, automate functional testing etc.) throughout the project life cycle
- SME across multiple domains and applications, with a understanding of downstream and upstream interfaces. Solid working knowledge of software development methodology and structured analysis, process redesign
- Interact with Tech Leads, Dir's, and SMEs on matters concerning multiple complex projects which requires the ability to negotiate with staff, clients, and support groups while maintaining effective relationships
- Typically has extensive technical program/project management experience implementing complex IT solutions
- Bachelor's degree is required (preferred if in Management and/or Technology disciplines)
- Experience managing multiple, simultaneous projects including working with Program office is a must
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) is required
- Experience with SharePoint is a must.
- Should have experience in Financial Services Industry
- Should come from strong technical background or business analysis background.
- PMP/CSM Certified
- Experience with SDLC and Agile methodologies
- People management experience