Financial Wellbeing Consultant - South West and South Wales
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Wellbeing Consultant to join our Distribution team. This will be a field based role covering the South West and South Wales, including Gloucestershire, Avon and Somerset and Devon and Cornwall and Wiltshire.
You will be the face to face route to market within the allocated territory driving the Police Mutual brand, providing effective financial and wellbeing education in forces throughout the allocated territory. You will sell products to meet the current and future wellbeing needs of officers, staff and their families.
In this role you will:
- Deliver financial education and wellbeing within a number of police forces within an allocated territory and support other Financial Wellbeing Consultants in the North or South.
- Deliver a range of presentations to the agreed observational standards, ensure no advice is given and delegates are provided with clear and accurate educational information.
- Achieve all targets, KPI’s & objectives set in line with the Distribution Plan
- Take a proactive approach in generating input activity with local force contacts across allocated territory.
- Attend key events, educating, promoting and selling the products and services of Police Mutual.
- Deliver project tasks as and when required.
- Motivate the network of Authorised Officers through regular communication methods.
- Maintain timely, appropriate and accurate records on CRM. To include force activity and contacts, ensuring that quality management information can be produced
- Adhere to the complaints process in a timely and effective manner
- Build effective relationships with internal customers
What you will bring:
You must have the desire and vision to succeed in a financial educational sales environment. You will be required to combine your skills to help educate and sell products and services within the Police Force
You should be presentable and articulate, a good communicator with good presenting skills and the ability to build positive relationships with customers, staff and stakeholders.
- Planning and strategic thinking
- Verbal and written communication
- Negotiation skills
- Resilience and tenacity
- Stress tolerant
- Goal driven
- Be self-motivated
- Be professional
- Be passionate about the Police Force
- Have superior expertise in sales and training
- Have quality customer service expertise
- Possess creative and innovative sales and training ideas
Application cut off Friday 3rd February 2017.
We provide a great working environment together with a fantastic Employee Benefits package including; a competitive salary complemented by 23 days holiday (this increases with service) plus bank holidays; life assurance; private healthcare PLUS flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, discounts on financial products and consumer goods.