Due to continued growth, our client, a multi-office, Top 20 accountancy practice, is looking to recruit a Tax Semi-Senior, to join the tax team at its Southend office. The main focus of the role is to undertake all aspects of the preparation of personal tax returns, through to submission, whilst maximising practice efficiency and income by ensuring completion to specified standards.
Reporting to the Tax Manager, the key responsibilities of the Tax Semi-Senior will be:
- To manage and service an allocated portfolio of private clients
- Identify any additional tax advice required within the portfolio
- Assist with any HMRC tax enquiries that may arise
- Carry out advisory work under the supervision of a manager or partner
- Undertake relevant CPD and share technical knowledge gained with the wider team
- Supporting the partners in delivery of services to their clients
- Assisting with the annual preparation of P11D forms
- Liaising with the financial planning team, regarding potential client investment
The firm is looking for an energetic and ambitious individual who will be committed to the role and the practice.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Be ATT qualified with a minimum of three years’ experience in a similar practice role
- Computer literate, ie. MS Word and Excel with experience of tax return preparation packages
- A team player, able to develop good relationships with clients and colleagues
- Ability to manage workload and time effectively
- Self-motivation and positive attitude
- Effectively solve problems
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professional and approachable manner with excellent communication skills
This is a prestigious accountancy practice and the Tax Semi-Senior will enjoy the benefits of a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development and a supportive and friendly working environment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79163045