Sales Manager - (Chemical Engineering)
To meet increasing demand for the trademarked products and services of this Chemical Engineering organisation, we are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Sales Professional / Business Development Specialist to join their team and manage the sales process for orders of all service and equipment sales. This is an excellent career opportunity within a fast growing business, operating in a very exciting technology area that is set to revolutionise the chemicals industry.
As Sales Manager you will be responsible for identifying and networking with potential client decision makers, seeking to increase sales opportunities and drive the growth of the business. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will take the commercial lead and have the following key responsibilities:
- Call on and visit prospective clients, provide technical and administrative product information, prepare client-specific presentations, and support proposal generation in response to client needs
- Manage the network of agents and distributors
- Generate monthly sales activity and sales forecast reports for the board and management team
- It is expected that the successful candidate will be travelling extensively both within the UK and abroad
Desirable Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years sales experience with a proven track record in successful closure of sales and a demonstrable network of contacts within the chemicals market worldwide
- Educated to graduate level. A chemistry or chemical engineering qualification would be preferred
- Broad and deep understanding of one or more of the relevant process industries (chemicals, pharmaceuticals etc.) and decision-making dynamics within the companies operating in this space
The personal qualities of the candidate will be as important as his/her qualifications and expertise. They should include:
- A positive and enthusiastic personality and the energy, drive and stamina to bring sales opportunities to a successful conclusion
- A systematic approach to business development and excellent organisational skills
- Excellent personal skills and the ability to engage and gain credibility with people at all levels within external prospects, clients, partners and collaborators
- Technical rigour, combined with commercial sense, entrepreneurial spirit and an adaptable and flexible approach in terms of working hours and travel
- Well-developed communications, presentational and inter-personal skills, allied to resilience, persistence and commitment to results
- Culturally aware - able to operate effectively in a multi-country environment
- The strategic vision to identify high potential target customers/services/products, allied to strong commercial, negotiating and deal structuring skills, to convert potential into actual business. The capacity for hard work with good judgement and a high level of personal responsibility
You will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary commensurate with your experience as well as having a genuine opportunity to work in an interesting and engaging environment amongst a team of like-minded professionals.
Please apply with your CV and any additional information you feel is relevant and one of our team will be in touch to provide additional information as soon as possible.
This vacancy is being advertised by Adam Butler Limited. The services advertised here are those of an Employment Agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we are pleased to accept applications from all sections of the community. Any qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from people holding equivalent qualifications.
Any direct canvassing or agency approaches will be automatically redirected to ******************* for further consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959924619