Senior BI Developer
Senior BI Developer - Manchester - 50k
Your new company
We are currently recruiting for a Senior BI Developer to join our Market Leading Banking Services client - This is a fast paced environment with real engagement from stakeholders wanting to deliver success and change across the business. A challenging work environment with real potential for career growth.
Your new role
To develop and support banking BI strategy to a high standard, meeting overall business requirements. Working closely with the internal development and DBA teams to deliver a robust BI solution. To effectively report all progress and achieve project deadlines when assigned. To analyse business requirements and business processes.
Takes the responsibility for delivery of multiple large and complex projects internally and with third parties by utilising and matrix managing existing development resources. Must have the ability to work on or steer multiple projects at the same time and deal with changing or conflicting priorities. Has expert domain ownership knowledge. Also works closely with the architecture team to provide leadership in technologies, system design, methodologies and standards and supports the architecture team with expert business knowledge to prototype and provide full solutions for real world scenarios.
To design, create and evolve the BI systems within the think money to deliver insight to the banking business. Core Requirements for the BI systems are
- Data warehouse
- BI Models
- Interfaces to 3rd parties
- Data visualisation and analytics
- Documentation - responsible for commenting their code and where required producing formal documentation to accompany a piece of work
- Managing workloads of the BI developers
- BI automation
- Liaising with key stakeholders
- Managing deadlines and deliveries
- Data Mining - responsible for investigating and collating information that could be potentially be used by the business
- Provide Mentor role to other staff.
- Works closely with the business and liaises with third parties to ensure projects are planned, designed and delivered to a high standard.
- Manages small team(s) of developers to deliver project(s).
- Acts as a domain owner in more than one area of the business to review and approve RFCs and the technical analysis.
- Proactively drives the business forward by working with the business solutions manages to understand and contribute to their strategic road maps.
What you'll need to succeed
To join this exciting team you should already possess or want to possess great customer communication skills, be able to establish effective working relations across the business.
- Self-motivated and committed individual
- Extensive experience of SQL and delivering BI solutions, MI and analysis.
- Experience with working in a development environment.
- Possess an insightful and inquisitive nature to deliver understanding of customer and prospect behaviour
- Be able to demonstrate commercial awareness
- Well organised with ability to work to deadlines
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Ability to establish effective working relations with immediate staff and other staff in the business.
- Ability to work to own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Good man management
- Ability to write and maintain clear and concise documentation for all systems and procedures.
- Full life-cycle exposure
- Agile Experience
Essential Technical Skills
- SQL Server - Minimum 5 years' experience (SQL Server 2008 or above)
- Advanced SQL including writing stored procedures
- Advanced SSRS
- Advanced SSIS
- Data analysis
- Advanced Excel
- Source Control Systems
- Data visualisation
Desired Technical Skills
- Advanced SSAS design and implementation
- Tabular Data Models
- Data Cleansing
- Agile Methodologies
- Integration with CRM/Campaign Management tools
What you'll get in return
A Starting Salary of £50,000 + Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79175315