Public Cloud Architect
Public Cloud Architect
The Public Cloud Architect role sits with the Capgemini Cloud & Edge Projects and Consulting Practice - this practice is primarily responsible for providing client centric Cloud, End User/Productivity and IoT services. It provides a variety of client services, which range from initial strategic advice right through to project delivery. It is undergoing significant growth due to an ever increasing client demand, and so is looking to further bolster its Architect group by recruiting experienced Cloud Architects & Consultants.
The focus of your role
The purpose of the role is to assist clients in optimizing their use of cloud resources (public and private) as part of a balanced IT supply portfolio. As such, the successful applicants will have a wealth of exposure in projects that exploit public cloud services and be capable of engaging predominantly on customer projects covering the full life cycle from proposal/justification to project design/build.
What you'll do
The Cloud Architect is a key role within the Capgemini Infrastructure business to enable our customer's journey to leverage cloud and develop a hybrid cloud / bimodal operating model.
In this role the Cloud Architect engages closely with clients, partners and other business units to develop and execute innovative and competitive solutions / projects for new and existing clients leveraging a wealth of previous experience in deploying cloud solutions.
The candidate will be expected to operate at any point in the project lifecycle, from proposal creation through to the delivery of transformation projects. It is anticipated that individuals will either be an architect or Consultant with significant specialism in either AWS or Azure. Preference will be given to candidates with strong enterprise architecture background as well as the requisite technical knowledge & expertise
What you'll bring
- Expert knowledge of either AWS or Azure platform features and capabilities
- Vendor certified in either AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Experienced at producing multi-tier, high-availability infrastructure architectures in an Enterprise & cloud environment adhering to DR, Business Continuity and availability best practice
- Understanding of Hybrid Cloud solutions and experienced in integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models
- Experience with application and infrastructure management and monitoring tools
- Experience with executing quick technical feasibility and proposal development for moving identified workloads to Azure/AWS
- Manage cloud risk & compliance assessments with the customer
- Building and recommending a migration approach to lift and shift the workloads to Azure /AWS or architecting a green field development and/or production platform for new applications. Able to help shape transition and transformation strategies
- Executing limited POCs, where necessary
- Knowledge and experience of AWS/Azure pricing and commercial models and how to optimise for a given engagement or use case
- Network integration experience with AWS Direct Connect or Azure Express route integration and network design (LAN/WAN/Firewalls)
- Identity and access integration AWS IAM, Azure IDaaS, AAD
- Thorough background on general infrastructure components like Networking, Server platforms, storage, application structure (2-tier, 3-tier), Identity, Security (Encryption, PKI), load balancing, clients (workstations, laptops, Thin client), Mobility, etc.
- Good working knowledge of processes and procedures (like ITIL)
- Excellent English communication capabilities, both written and verbal
- Excellent consultancy skills
- Ability to perform and conduct workshops and meetings to develop client solutions
- Must be fully flexible and mobile across the UK for extended periods and potentially across the Capgemini Group
- Experience of Softlayer, Google Compute Engine, Rackspace
- Experience and knowledge in IoT / EDGE solutions
- Experience and knowledge in Big Data platform solutions
- VMWare or Hyper V based private clouds
- Scripting & Automation knowledge/skills (PowerShell/Puppet/Chef/JSON)
- Exposure and understanding-automated build pipeline, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Cloud provisioning and configuration technologies (Teraform, Ansible, Packer, AWS cloud formation)
- Experience of container technology the use cases and application (Docker/ Kubernetes)
- Experience with relational databases HA solutions using Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle Database
- Familiar with the DevOps concepts and aspects
- Experience in designing and implementing an Office 365 environment
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It's all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that's as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959923728