Community Cohesion Manager
- To lead the development, implementation and monitoring of an effective, outcome based strategic and multi-agency approach to community safety, emergency planning and anti-social behaviour.
- To prepare, deliver and implement emergency planning protocols to mitigate the effects of any emergency on the public and the environment and to fulfil the Council’s statutory and professional duties.
- To lead and develop a team of highly trained professionals to provide specialist advice on matters relating to community safety, ASB and emergency planning.
- To implement Government and Local Authority policy, regulations, procedures and guidance as it affects community safety, anti-social behaviour and emergency planning.
- To promote partnership work, joint planning and action with other statutory, voluntary and private organisations, for example the Police, Probation Service, Public Health, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Fire Service and the voluntary sector.
- To draft bids and secure external funding to support delivery of SaferMK.
- To support the Service Director and the Head of Communities to develop the Council’s strategy, policies and procedures in relation to community safety, ASB and emergency planning.
- To manage the budget in relation to community cohesion.
- Possess a degree level qualification and/or significant relevant experience in a senior leadership role in Emergency Planning, Community Safety or Anti-Social behaviour
- Qualification in a relevant Housing, Emergency Planning or Community Safety related field
- CMI level 5 or above in management or equivalent
- Extensive experience in the delivery of operational housing, community safety or emergency planning services
- Experience of developing and delivering strategic plans that deliver corporate objectives
- Experience of implementing and monitoring Performance Management Systems
- Experience of leading and delivering change within a complex organisation
- Significant experience of leading outstanding customer focused services
- Experience of managing complex projects and initiatives
- Experience of effectively setting and managing budgets and resources
- Experience of working with and developing new arrangements with partners including elected members and external agencies
- Experience of reporting to Board /Committees
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Option to buy more annual leave
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
To apply, please fill in our digital application form on the Milton Keynes Council Careers website by clicking on the 'Apply' button.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 02nd February 2018
At Milton Keynes Council we take great pride in our Community and we hope that you can help us grow and share our vision.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79180100