Learning Support Assistant
Learning Support Assistant -are you able to work with and motivate challenging young people?
We have an urgent need of Learning Support Assistants to work with all KS groups and a range of Behavioural issues within a variety of Settings in Lancaster and surrounding areas. These positions are on-going and expected to run for the full academic year.
This is an excellent opportunity for people with the right qualification and experience. Do you have a coaching, counselling or Psychology background and have experience supporting young people in a range of settings?
Supporting Teaching and Learning
* Assist teachers in the delivery of lessons, providing support to individual and small groups of pupils.
* Assist in the delivery of individual work programmes for specific pupils.
* Use routine supervision and care skills to support pupils, including those who have physical, emotional or educational needs.
* Help create and maintain an effective and exciting environment of learning
* Keep the subject teachers/SENDCO informed about the progress and needs of pupils supported.
* Work as part of a team to ensure that the well being, behaviour and personal
* Development of pupils enhances learning opportunities and life skills.
* Understand and apply school policies.
Qualifications and Training
* No specific qualification is required, other than a good standard of general education.
* Able to motivate pupils to learn.
* Able to prepare resources for teaching and learning activities.
* Able to effectively manage pupils' behaviour in a positive manner with consistent clear boundaries.
* Able to contribute to curriculum delivery and classroom planning.
* Evidence of being in a learning support role in a primary or secondary setting.
* Experience of supporting on a 1:1 basis.
* Experience of working with pupils with special needs and other key groups of pupils (e.g. EAL, Gifted and Talented, Looked After or those on the Child Protection Register).
If you feel that you have these qualities and this role is something that you would like to be considered for then please either e-mail your CV to or contact the office directly by phone for a chat:
OFFICE: 01772 259966 Mobile: 07507 837 654
RANDSTAD offers very competitive daily rates of pay (£60-£80 per day) as well as an honest and upfront approach from an experienced dedicated team.
We all take great pride in providing a quality service to schools and candidates in the Lancashire area.
Randstad Education is an Equal Opportunities Employer we specialise in consistently placing fully qualified Teachers, cover supervisors, teaching assistants and office admin workers into positions within secondary, primary schools, SEND as well as Nursery staff across Lancashire
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79029752