Head of Product Design and Test
Job Role: Head of Product Design and Test
Salary: Excellent Salary
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: Eligible for UK Security Clearances
Head of Product Design and Test - Permanent - Hampshire - Excellent Salary
Our client is seeking a Head of Product Design and Test to be responsible for leading the organisation's approach to product design and test; both for the company's own products and customer products. The role relies on extensive experience and judgement to rapidly assess and develop design and test solutions.
This function will be a key centre of excellence for the business. Strong leadership, sound judgement and strategic thinking are therefore needed. The function supports activities across a diverse range of markets including Defence, Aerospace, Security, Power, Science and Industry.
- All aspects of design needed for product realisation from electronics and firmware to whole systems including mechanical and electrical
- Work closely with both internal and customer research, technology and development teams.
- Review and assess the output from research and technology/systems development in the form of proof of concept outlines and/or user and system requirements
- Support the development and improvement of existing designs where value can be added and/or efficiencies introduced, especially improving competitive position
- Design solutions and re-engineering for obsolescence management
- Production of technical specifications from customer requirements and business model, including verification and validation
- Configuration control
- Test and test engineering capability
- Direct hands-on involvement
- Strong customer engagement
- Work closely with the manufacturing, installation and in service support teams, both internal and external
- Support to technical product investigations
- Input to the prototyping and NPI processes
- Lead the production and process engineering team
- Interpretation of an extensive variety of different instructions (e.g. mathematical or diagrams)
- Share latest thinking and insight with customers; leading the way and directly helping to maintain high professional standards
- Should be familiar with the AS9100 quality management system and running a design & test team in accordance with the standards guidelines.
- Clear understanding and experience of the product design and test processes, including associated risk analysis
- A solid engineering background and chartered engineer status (manufacturing or electronic)
- At least a 2.1 level degree in a relevant subject
- Competency with design software
- Commitment to quality
- Project management skills to support engineering led approach
- Open and collaborative style where ideas are shared and challenged
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a security clearance. If you do not hold an active clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79167279