Lecturer - Health & Social Care - Hopwood Hall College
Business Area: Health & Social Care
Job Title: Lecturer
Salary Scale: £22,818 - £31,515 pro rata per annum
Location: Hopwood Hall College
Accountable to: Programme Manager
Hours of Duty: 21 hours per week
Special working conditions The post holder may be required to work at any location of the College now or in the future in the evening and at weekends.
Purpose: To take an active role in the delivery of quality programmes within the Curriculum area.
- To teach on a wide range of full and part-time courses, in line with the college and curriculum area specifications.
- To contribute to the planning, monitoring and evaluation of the curriculum in the school
- To prepare and mark assessments as required within the range of programmes timetabled
- To promote and participate in the delivery of Basic / Key Skills
- To be responsible for the continuous improvement in attendance, punctuality, retention and achievement of students in designated teaching groups.
- To produce full, considered and timely reports and references on students
- To participate in student interviews, enrolment and induction, open days and other liaison activities.
- To work co-operatively within a team and attend all team meetings
- To fully participate in the college’s ILT strategy including contributing to the upkeep of the section’s intranet site
- To adopt fully all curriculum initiatives adopted by the curriculum area
- To maintain comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of specialist areas
- To maintain current and appropriate resources for all course units taught including Schemes of Work, Lesson Plans, and suitable teaching materials ensuring differentiated learning opportunities are in place
- To contribute to the total learning experience of students within the curriculum area
- To ensure the application of Inclusive Learning in all areas of activity
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
Any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required. CLOSING DATE: 15th November 2017