Lecturer in Plumbing - Colchester Institute
To teach plumbing and associated subjects including embedment of English and maths as appropriate
For Band 2 position
To undertake course leadership and curriculum development duties within the faculty
- To prepare teaching/learning materials
- To conduct teaching/learning activities appropriate to the needs of individual students, courses and the curriculum, keeping attendance records and maintaining student discipline.
- To set, mark and record relevant coursework and assessments.
- To counsel and guide students in respect of their academic progress and, as appropriate, their pastoral concerns and needs and making referrals to specialist services as appropriate; contributing to student reports and references as required.
- To contribute to the work of subject and programme teams, committees and boards, as appropriate.
- To, at all times, maintain high expectations of learners work, commitment, and behaviour, taking action to ensure the highest of standards are met.
- To continuously evaluate and improve the quality of learning and teaching within your sessions utilising and engaging with the college’s development and observation programmes.
- To contribute to the development of curricula and specialist facilities within the Faculty.
- To actively promote the Institute’s programmes, attend open evenings, parents evenings, careers events, school visits and similar marketing and publicity activities.
- To maintain and extend links with external organisations as appropriate.
- To participate in the colleges performance and development review scheme.
- To develop and update personal professional expertise in the relevant subject areas.
- To apply and actively promote the colleges Safeguarding, Prevent and Health and Safety Policies
- To actively promote equality and diversity and apply the colleges E & D policy
- To undertake such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of Colchester Institute provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.