Senior AV Technician
Based at the hotel the role of the Senior Technician will be the technical support interface between the Technical Events Manager and the client / venue.
- Along with the technical events manager, you will be a point of contact for clients and hotel representatives on a day-to-day basis to ensure customer expectations and requirements are fulfilled.
- To prepare, rig and de-rig equipment prior to events within the hotel and be available on-site for ad hoc technical issues.
- Ensure all items are accounted for before and after each event by following proper security, storage and transportation and maintenance procedures.
- Provide a high quality technical service in terms of set ups/de-rigs and client facing responsibilities.
- Operate and provide routine maintenance of integrated audio visual equipment.
- Have a understanding of integrated control systems, be able to trouble shoot and liaise with systems integrators
- Cultivate relations with all hotel staff i.e. operational team members, sales and front of house teams to develop on-site relationship.
- Report to the technical events manager and the hotel and attend weekly staff meetings within the hotel if appropriate to ensure that communication does not break down at any stage.
- Foster good relations with all of the Branch Operations to ensure that full back-up support is provided from front of house/warehouse.
- Attend regular meetings with the technical events manager to ensure that all delegated duties are carried out effectively and efficiently, meeting all deadlines and objectives.
- Create and standardise information systems where by the support operations can clearly see equipment movements and requirements within the hotel.
- Assist the technical events manager with quotations for day-to-day equipment and liaison with clients
- Assist technical events manager with monthly invoicing and management reporting
- Prepare kit request documentation and liaise with support operation for loan and return of equipment
- Carry out regular PAT testing of equipment
- Manage the in-house stock control, prepare 6 monthly stocktakes and report any damaged, lost, stolen, faulty equipment in the correct procedure
- Supervise the technicians and ensure all duties are carried out effectively. Serve as a mentor for new hires.
- Competence with H&S procedures, risk assessments and a working knowledge of rigging and hanging infrastructure within hotels
- Assist the technical events manager when full scale production is underway, ensuring the daily operation runs smoothly at the same time
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79169337