Construction and Woodwork Teacher
Construction and Woodwork Teacher
Location: Fort Wallington, PO16 8TT
- Qualified - £27,276 to £31,217 per annum
- Unqualified - £19,378 to £22,941 per annum
About the company:
Our client is an expanding, dynamic charity that is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and education of children, young people and families and they expect ALL staff to share this commitment.
Our client are opening their third education facility to support its two existing successful schools and is looking to appoint a Teacher to deliver construction and woodwork at their new education provision for up to 15 pupils based at Fort Wallington (Fareham), They will deliver a range of low level qualifications from City and Guilds to Entry Level Certificate for pupils between the ages of 14-19 with a variety of special educational need and challenging behaviour on a 1:1 or small group basis.
Our client plans to appoint a Teacher who has a proven record of raising standards for pupils with Special Educational Needs.
Duties of the Construction and Woodwork Teacher:
- Work as a qualified teacher within the education departments, undertaking the necessary roles that this entails, ensuring a high standard of personal lesson planning, assessment, delivery of lessons, marking of work and behaviour management of the pupils.
- Participate in the completion and monitoring of all student assessments and monitor and record such progress.
- Support the Head of School and Deputy with the curriculum structure and implementation of Teaching and Learning strategies to enhance the learning outcomes for its pupils.
- Participate in the implementation and delivery of each student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP), Personal Education Plan (PEP), Risk Assessment (RA) and Behaviour Management plan (BMP).
- Perform the role of allocated Tutor for an individual child/children and carry out the necessary tasks that this role entails – including liaising with parents/ carers and attending meetings.
Requirements of the Construction and Woodwork Teacher:
- A relevant teaching qualification such as QTS, QTLS, Cert Ed, is essential for the qualified teacher position.
- Effective experience of working with pupils with SEMH or Autism is essential.
- Previous experience in a school setting and supporting children with SEN would be desirable but not essential.
Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS).
Construction and Woodwork Teacher Benefits:
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Our training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- After a year’s employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
- Working for our client will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrolment into their Pension scheme.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Construction and Woodwork Teacher role is right for you then please apply today!
Closing Date: 28th January 2018
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79182355