Application Sales Engineer
Application Sales Engineer
£25,000 - £32,000, 25 days annual leave, bonus, pension and life assurance
Based: Somerset or Dorset
My client is one of the UK’s market leaders in Mechanical Process Engineering solutions sold directly to the Oil & Gas, Water / Environment and Food & Beverage sectors.
Over the past 8 years the UK business has organically grown by an impressive £5m and looking to grow by a further £2m over the next 24 months. Because of this growth and success, they now have an exciting opportunity to recruit a permanent Application Sales Engineer (Mechanical) to support the vast amount on new projects being secured.
The role of the Application Sales Engineer (Mechanical) will be as follows:
- 100% office based however, during your training a large proportion of your time will be spent on site learning about the products and how they work.
- 90% of your time will be reacting to incoming enquiries. The Field Sales Team would initially generate a lead, once the enquiry comes in by phone, fax or email it will be passed on to the Application Sales Engineer (Mechanical) to process.
- Your role will require the following:
- Reading, understanding and working to specifications.
- Quoting and order processing.
- Following up and closing out costed quotes.
- Pre and post sales and project management.
- Cross selling and up selling additional services.
- Direct customer contact.
- Project Management – seeing the projects through to installation along with offering after sales and services.
- 15% of your time throughout the year will require you to be site based on installations.
- Phone based trouble shooting and technical support.
Experience and background required:
- A minimum HNC / HND in Mechanical Engineering or Degree.
- Experienced in Applications Engineering, Sales, Project Management, Internal Support or any other engineering type role.
- You must have a desire to fulfil an Application Sales Engineering type role.
- You must be a confident communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Working for a large and financially secure organisation, you will benefit from an intense training course (hands on) to get you up to speed, a competitive salary with the added benefit of working for a company with a very low staff turnover.
Depending on how quickly you hit the ground running, you will have the opportunity to progress into a Field Sales Managers role and past that, you could move into an overseas or UK Sales or Project Managers role managing a small team.
How to Apply:
For further information, please contact Ajay Bhellaat ATA Recruitment in Leicester on or alternatively, please email me an up to date copy of your CV to
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79183339