Michael Page are in partnership with a successful, well established Engineering company based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire. Our client provide specialist engineering services for the Energy, Aerospace and other leading industries and due to a period of significant growth, are now looking for Applications Engineers to undertake the front end engineering/concept design and proposal generation.
My client is based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire and is a well-established Engineering business. Our client offers a diverse range of engineering solutions achieved through continued innovation and development. Our client strive to deliver the highest quality of service to the international market through a wide range of specialist services.
As the Applications Engineer based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire your role is to undertake the front end engineering/concept design and proposal generation for the assigned account and for projects allocated to the Applications Engineer. The activities shall be aligned to ensure that the overall business objectives are met (secure profitable contracts) and ensure positive customer relationships are maintained for the benefit of the company.
This will include:
- Ensuring that you provide the necessary services and support that the Project Managers require in order that the client can excel as a Project organisation; delivering compliant projects on time, to budget, in a way that satisfies our customers whilst ensuring the sustainability and growth of the business.
- Providing a technical engineering and proposal support service to new and existing customers in order to secure profitable contracts.
- Providing front end engineering concept designs and technical support; producing concept designs, general arrangement drawings & sketches, calculations, costings and proposals in a timely and cost effective manner to meet our customer's requirements.
- Creating, developing and maintaining positive customer relationships and partnerships, both internally and externally.
- Taking the technical lead for proposals and being directly involved with product development and product improvement.
To apply for the position of Applications Engineer based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire you will have experience in and be able to:
- Produce concept designs and calculations for our range of noise control, filtration & emission reduction products, where relevant considering structural, air flow dynamics, acoustic and logistical aspects of the design.
- Prepare documents, general arrangement drawings and sketches to effectively communicate and capture the equipment required to meet the customer's needs, such that the costs can be estimated.
- Co-ordinate the production of internal and external estimates for the proposed design solution, including the production of equipment specifications.
- Work with the Sales Lead to produce financial cost models of the proposed customer solution/s for approval.
- Produce detailed proposal documents and general arrangement drawings to effectively communicate the solution, managing the scope of supply, compliance and project risk and highlighting the benefits offered by the company.
- Support & contribute to product improvement & development initiatives including continuous improvement.
A competitive salary is on offer for the successful candidate - (£32,000 - £38,000).
Monday - Friday Days Position.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79187624