Information Security Officer
My client is a financial services provider who are looking to expand its security team to support its network of over 200 UK branches. They already have excellent relationships with their stakeholders so are looking for an individual to help these stakeholders provide excellent support to our branches and customers. The role requires someone who is passionate about building innovative and pragmatic solutions and who would value the open collaboration with stakeholders. The main focus of the role would be to ensure all projects are compliant with the organisations security policies.
- Perform risk & control assessments using defined processes, for example external supplier due diligence and project security.
- Represent Information Security with Business stakeholders as a trusted advisor, finding cost-effective Security solutions that efficiently support customer needs.
- Provide appropriate advice and interpretation of Information Security best practice and UK regulatory requirements as new products / systems are developed;
- Provide assurance activities to assess the effective implementation and operation of systems and controls to manage the information security risks;
- Respond to queries from our branches and other colleagues on information security;
- Have an understanding of information security best practice and regulatory requirements.
- Hold or have capability to attain appropriate external qualifications, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Previous experience working in information security across numerous projects.
- Be able to interact proactively and confidently with all areas of business, including senior management and product owners.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills in both written and spoken English.
This permanent role will be based in their head offices in Manchester and will require occasional travel abroad.